JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I've been trying to decide if I wanted to build a 9mm AR. PSA has the 32 round mags for sale at $19.99.

Can I also use these mags in my Glock 19?

So many AR variants to choose from.. making it hard.

So, I've been trying to decide if I wanted to build a 9mm AR. PSA has the 32 round mags for sale at $19.99.

Can I also use these mags in my Glock 19?

So many AR variants to choose from.. making it hard.

Not the 32 rd mags, those are converted uzi mags and the Colt SMG pattern. If you buy a Glock lower gun then yes you can use the mags in your 9mm Glock (which the big ones are 33 rd)

IMG_0496.JPG So this is not the combination of parts I intend to use with this lower. I just thought it was fun enough to show a picture :D

I have several 9 mm AR's and find them some of the most fun to shoot, I suspect you will enjoy it

Looks like a great toy, I also think they make a great home protection choice. Easier to operate during stressful situations than a handgun yet you don't have to worry about the overpowered rifle projectiles going place you don't want them.

I think you have this 100% backwards. Expansive .223 is faaaaaar less penetrative than 9mm just about anything.

I think you have this 100% backwards. Expansive .223 is faaaaaar less penetrative than 9mm just about anything.
Well, I don't take the issue of stray rounds lightly and I understand that a 9mm will penetrate a considerable amount of construction materials. There is a lot more to consider than penetration. A 147 gr sub sonic self defense round fired in my kitchen towards the living room window I have to fret a lot less about than a 62 gr 5.56

It's all a compromise and what seems safest

Last Edited:
Well, I don't take the issue of stray rounds lightly and I understand that a 9mm with penetrate a considerable amount of construction materials. There is a lot more to consider than penetration. A 147 gr sub sonic self defense round fired in my kitchen towards the living room window I have to fret a lot less about than a 62 gr 5.56

It's all a compromise and what seems safest

Yep, that math has been done already for you.

9mm sub vs SS109 is a no brainier, so is 9mm ball vs AP .30 cal in a Garand.

But real world.....9mm about anything in carbine length or handgun vs 55 grain Hornady TAP or similar? You should check that out.

On a similar note, people who do high risk threat management in homes for a living, where over penetration is an identified issue, haven't used MP5s for a loooong time. Why are those folks all running 5.56 carbines? ;)

The stock needs to be completely off the property. Can you say "constructive intent"? and why would the OP even post a pic like that?
I'm not so sure it needs to be off the property. What if it's in a box with a rifle receiver? And the pic might not represent how the gun is stored. It might be for comparison, or there could be any number of other logical explanations. Now if the caption said "This is what I'm putting on my pistol next", you might want to be sure that your Form 1 just came back. But without corroborating evidence, to me it's just a picture.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top