JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow, I didn't imagine a site like this was around. Glad I found it. Located just East of the Portland Metro area.

My first gun was a Ruger single six, taught my kids with that gun, still have it. When I got an original unfired Colt .45 SSA (second generation) I broke it in by having all of my children fire a round, still have it. I have a wide interest, old west stuff, newer semi autos, only one rifle with a big scope, but its all good.

My wife and I have CCL's and have been learning much about self defense methods. She likes to shoot. I am fortunate to have a few friends that are active in this sport.

Well anyways, just looking forward to doing a lot of reading and learning here. I don't really post a lot but will when I can contribute something positive.

Thanks all!

Welcome FastFlyer, I have been gone for a while, in between abilities to internet, don'tcha know... i learned my Pistol Craft on a Ruger Single Six as well, but with a good friend, we would blow up water ballon type ballons, about a nice apple size.

There was the One Tree at the beginning of the swamp/marsh up there East of Puyallup WA, and we tied them balloons to the light limbs, both cause we could reach them, & for the bit of wind action we got ! ! !

Well, if'n you hit ~less~ than the other shooter, you blew up all the popped Balloons ! ! !

You learn fast to shot slow, and point the end of the gun Kor-ect !

I no longer own that Single Six, traded it for a thuty-thuty I Did! But he fool who got it did not keep it, so's I was walking along the street of Republic, WA... Where we'd moved to, this old geezer come up gruuf like, say's you Da one who traded off that Ruger to Chuck ??????

I was not sure if I needed to pull my carry piece, or RUN LIKE THE DEVIL, but I said yes Sir, I did !

He replied that he now owned it, and remarked how accurate it was, just as accurate when he was Top Shootist in the Pistols, US. ARMY, Brown Boot era, said "Chuck told me YOU gunsmithed the trigger"?

Yes sir, I admitted to that, FINE JOB, it was the old Cudger said, and walked off never even giving me his name ! Things was like that, back in the days I was still just a pup, less than a decade out of TayNinh, RVN, 69-70

I still have a passion for the wheel guns of Mr. Ruger, but also have a few S&W's, and quite a few Plastic Self Loaders, Glocks, Kel-tecs etc.

You enjoy your time here, and point the little round end down range, OK !

Philip, in the outbacks of HWY 36

My first rule of gunsmithing is, if its working, leave it alone... However, my first Ruger, a Ten22 was sent with a trigger that was rough, and at just that time, "Guns & Ammo" did a Great write up on smithing the Ten22 trigger!

I re-read the article, while field stripping the TCG, and the spent the money needed: $13.00, IIRC I might add, that I previously had hundreds of hours of working metals with files... So I was Not Learning that SKILL.

I was re-directing that skill towards a different out come! If a person can file a good flat surface, or ~Really~ sharpen, Properly sharpen a knife, taking those skills to the art of trigger smithing is Not Complex.

But this is the wrong forum to continue that, your post just reminded me of past!

My first Ten22 took over ten hours to smith, 30+ years later, I can do the same in about 2
hours ! And then came single and double action Rugers... They shoot nice, but my like of a Good Crisp release of the sear, makes a fanatic out of me...

philip in the Boondocks

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top