JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all.
I am new to Washington (from Atlanta).
Glad to find this site as I am missing all my gun buddies from back home.

a few questions:

1. Who has the best transfer fees in the Bellevue/Seattle area?
2. What is the typical protocol for private sales?
I know we have to do an FFL transfer but does the firearm stay at the shop for the 10 days?

Thank you for any info!

Hello all.
I am new to Washington (from Atlanta).
Glad to find this site as I am missing all my gun buddies from back home.

a few questions:

1. Who has the best transfer fees in the Bellevue/Seattle area?
2. What is the typical protocol for private sales?
I know we have to do an FFL transfer but does the firearm stay at the shop for the 10 days?

Thank you for any info!

1 no idea

2 buyer and seller meet at ffl, ffl takes the gun in on their books, and transfers the gun to the seller with the same procedures as if they were buying from them. Bolt, pump, lever actions, shotguns, and receivers, buyer walks with gun with NICS approval. Semi auto rifles and handguns, buyer waits for local LEO approval. Usually a couple weeks.

Sorry for the crappier gun laws than you're used to.

1 no idea

2 buyer and seller meet at ffl, ffl takes the gun in on their books, and transfers the gun to the seller with the same procedures as if they were buying from them. Bolt, pump, lever actions, shotguns, and receivers, buyer walks with gun with NICS approval. Semi auto rifles and handguns, buyer waits for local LEO approval. Usually a couple weeks.

It's taking some getting used too but I'm just happy to find 2nd amendment folks!

1 no idea

If you wish to avoid getting put into the WA registry, waive your HIPPA rights, and be subjected to annual or more frequent BGCs (automatically without you doing anything), don't buy any pistols or any semi-automatic rifles.

EDIT: and since you are in Seattle, could you convince approximately 500,000 of your gun loving friends to move there? It would help a lot. ;-)

Your CPL will put you in the state database even if you don't buy anything. There are some good FFLs in the state, support them with some business . Also email your state representatives and state senator right now, as in today, and tell them to reject the pending anti-liberty bills which are designed to ban standard capacity magazines and make CPLs more difficult to obtain. The Washington Legislature's website has easy links to send emails.

For those in the south sound area, I-5 Guns in Lacey only charges $30 for transfers. Maybe a little too far for you. The ten day waiting period is ten business days, not ten consecutive days so in reality it is more like twelve to fifteen days depending on which day of the week you purchase and if there is a national holiday. Tom

If you wish to avoid getting put into the WA registry, waive your HIPPA rights, and be subjected to annual or more frequent BGCs (automatically without you doing anything), don't buy any pistols or any semi-automatic rifles.

EDIT: and since you are in Seattle, could you convince approximately 500,000 of your gun loving friends to move there? It would help a lot. ;-)
I wish right?!

Low Price Guns in Bellevue charges $25 if I remember correctly. Not all FFL's charge the same I've learned.

Welcome to the Left Coast!
LPG also supported UBC's and has previously posted other throw-us-under-the-bus stuff here.

OP, in your position th bst way to go is to buy stripped receivers or 80%'s and roll your own... for now at least.

LPG also supported UBC's and has previously posted other throw-us-under-the-bus stuff here.

OP, in your position th bst way to go is to buy stripped receivers or 80%'s and roll your own... for now at least.
Yeah, I was browsing west coast Armory and they told me building ARs are the way to go. No issue there as I enjoy doing so. Just have to learn how to bend AK receivers lol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top