JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
the title pretty much says it im in search of an area were its legal to shoot near tualatin outside of
portland, i dont mind driving a little , and im not a yahoo, i dont play cowboy, also i clean up
after myself
thanks in advance
dre

Tri-county Gun Club is between Tualatin and Sherwood

Otherwise you pretty much would need to travel up to the Cascade foothills or out to the coast range foothills.

Around Tualatin that are some farms and such but most of the area is being developed and almost all of it is private land where you would need to know the owner and get permission.

im considering a memebership at douglas ridge rifle club if i cant find anywere to go , so if you have any reviews of this club that would be helpful also

Yes tri-county has a waiting list but they've been moving through it faster lately.

My friend added himself to the wait list back in mid October and got his invite to join about a week ago. He'll be going through the new member orientation next month

The old standby was to go up on the logging roads in the coast range and find a clearcut. However there seem to be fewer clearcuts these days. And most of those roads are closed due to dumping bubblegums (some still let people walk in, like that big clearcut a few miles west of Grand Ronde). Are you shooting rifle or pistol? Almost any old place in the woods will work for pistol.

There is a road that runs west from Carlton all the way over to the coast, much of it a one-lane. Should be places in there, and there is very little traffic. But yeah, it sucks to have to drive that far.

Paul,, that clearcut west of Grand Ronde is owned by Miami timber company.

Yes they allow walk in "hunting" still, but a call should made to the Miami timber corporation before going in for some range time.

As of late any properties owned by Hancock Timber, Stimpson timber and Simpson timber have all closed their land to open shooting. I wouldn't just assume Miami allows it,, a trespass ticket with a weapon can be charged as a felony criminal trespass if they don't allow it.

A phone call is a lot easier,, just saying.
John.

Douglas Ridge is a fine range and the people are really warm and welcoming. I would have joined them in a heartbeat if I didn't live over in Beaverton.

I joined TriCounty and it took 18 months to get in. Now the wait list according to posts here and conversations with the range officers is about 2 months. The price is very reasonable and the range is really amazing with 100,200,300,500 and 600 yard rifle ranges, short and medium pistol, rimfire/blackpowder ranges. LOTS of trap and skeet. And after training and certification, an action rifle and action pistol range. There are about 20 different competitive disciplines available and they work with you to make you safe and comfortable.

Some ranges have really fancy bathrooms, others clean portables. All the ranges except the action range are covered (we are in oregon...)

I have met some nice people but they don't seem to have the warmth overall of DRRC. However, I still recommend TCGC without any serious reservation.

Note that they are very strict about following rules, but the rules are not really onerous.

I know people like Dundee as well, but I have no experience with them.

While the forest seems like a good alternative, I find too many people shooting out there with attitude problems and would rather deal with rules than bubblegum-hats.

Is anybody a member of Dundee? They are right up the road and I didn't even realize it. I have been to the Newberg pistol range and Dundee shotgun range but didn't know there was a different club.

Seems like every time I head up into the hills to shoot there are new gates or signs.

Tri-county!! :s0053:

I was doing the tour, in response to my question "what happens to all the bullets that must accumulate in the berms" old fella says: "we mine it".

Sign me up!

Is anybody a member of Dundee? They are right up the road and I didn't even realize it. I have been to the Newberg pistol range and Dundee shotgun range but didn't know there was a different club.

Seems like every time I head up into the hills to shoot there are new gates or signs.

Sucks I have two rifles to sight in and don't really feel like heading to the woods to set up 100 yard range. Dundee rifle range?

Is anybody a member of Dundee?

I am. Good no frills range for a decent price. 6 handgun bays, a 100 yard rifle range, And a way to set up 200 yards. The rifle bay and a couple of the handgun bays have cover but for the most part, you're going get moist on a rainy day. Bonus for me it's 15 minutes from my front door. Never had to wait for an open bay even on a busy Saturday.

Membership is only open once a year and the deadline is New Year's Day.

Another +1 here for CVSC in Dundee. I used to have a couple spots out in the hills where I moved from, but couldn't find any good place like that around here. I joined CVSC and haven't regretted it for a second.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top