JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good afternoon,
I'm new to this site, I've been living in WA for 9 years. I'm active duty Navy (12 years). I've been shooting since I can remember, my dad was a Marine Corps Sniper. I grew up hunting using many platforms, Pellet Gun, Shotgun, Rifle, Bow, Black powder. Heck I've even killed a bird at about 8 yards with a knife! I grew up on the eastern plains in Colorado on a farm and spent a lot of time in the Colorado rockies chasing mule deer and elk, and fishing for trout. Hunting doves and pheasants on the eastern plains. Varmmint and predator hunting was always a blast. The most fun I've had while hunting was an annual bow fishing tournament in CO to help maintain the carp population in a resivoir, man was that fun! I'm an Eagle Scout.
I do reload for 9mm, .45 ACP, .300 savage, .348 Winchester (Yes I have a model 71), I just recently got into casting bullets for 9mm and .45 ACP. I do a lot of crabbing when the season is open (the kids have a blast!). Yes I have a boat, no I don't need more best friends. :p I am just a farm boy from Colorado (I am not a hick however, I do not drive a pickup, wear cowboy boots, or hat, and I despise country music) who loves the outdoors, hunting, fishing, guns & shooting.
The family loves to go brass hunting with our metal detectors. My wife grew up in North Seattle, knowing nothing about guns, and had the general attitude of not understanding why I should own a gun let alone multiple guns and didn't understand why I loved going to the shooting range. I took her to the range a couple times, enrolled her in an NRA Women On Target shooting class, bought her, her first handgun and now she owns two, and threatens that if I don't buy her a .45 ACP she's going to take mine. Now if I could only get her to reload her own ammo and cast her own bullets.......
My kids are awesome they are both under 6 and love to help at the reloading bench, and casting bullets. They've both recently shot .22 LR, .380 ACP, and 9MM. They love fishing and crabbing, and I HAD HAD HAD to take both of them with me deer hunting this last year, seriously, they wouldn't let me leave the house without them. When my daughter first asked me if she could go and I told her no that she needed to wait until she was at least 6 y/o she didnt talk to me for a week (typical woman, her mother is teaching her well!) :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top