JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome To This Forum.

Welcome aboard. We know nothing about you. If you have no prior handgun experience strongly consider getting some expensive introductory handgun training. Expect to pay twice as much for the total training as you spend on the gun. Yikes!

Then the need to add in the high practice ammo costs. And the dozen, (12) extra mags. And the six, (6) or so different holsters you will try and then not use until you find a holster that works for you. All of us are different. Your spin up time may vary.

Then the necessary ongoing practice expense, ammo, range time, instruction ... the expensive time and effort keeps coming at you. Also if you are just starting out, strongly consider a pistol with at least a ambo thumb safety. NOT A GLOCK PLEASE.

This will fetch them out. About me. I'm 72. Started shooting the 1911 .45 at age 15. Left Handed. An armorer made me up a ambo safety for my Colt 1911 45. I will ALWAYS need a thumb safety. A lifetime of muscle memory. Works for me.

I cringe when brand new shooters get a CLOCK. Not for beginners. Even the pros sometimes shoot themselves in the leg. Sometimes they shoot other people by mistake. Consider the most powerful handgun you can manage. Start small.

Consider starting out with a full size thumb safety .22rf pistol. Get the instruction. Get the range time. Practice, practice, practice. Work you way up to a more powerful caliber. Then get the most powerful caliber you can handle. At least 9mm.

Again ...Welcome to the fun and madness of this Excellent Forum. A CCL license is very important. Awesome power. Awesome responsibility. Concealed carry should not make you feel powerful. CC should make you feel very afraid and wary.

Very well written but your preaching to an empty seat my friend. He hasn't been on the forum since 2013 :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top