JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of my favorite spots is out towards the coast. Maybe an hour's drive from where I live in Portland. It is in state forest and people go there all the time to shoot. No rules, just be safe and clean up after yourself. There are plenty of spots along the logging roads to pull off and shoot, so if one spot is taken don't worry, there are plenty more!

Coordinates for the area (these give you the exact location of a nice quarry to shoot at): 45°45'16"N 123°25'9"W

If you use google maps or your car's navigation, you should be able to get there just fine. The logging roads are in good condition. The turn off is past the viewing point on highway 26 on the left side. Please clean up when you're done, the people out there do a great job of not leaving stuff behind and we want to keep it that way!

Thanks! That's just about the max I'd want to drive. For me, shooting in the forest used to mean getting up at the buttcrack of dawn and driving ~4 hours just to hope we got there first.

Also, my wife and I have literally picked up cigarette butts we saw tossed on the ground. So nothing would go out with me that won't come back with me.

Greetings program!

...ARPC is a super nice range, we're members. It likely would not be worth the drive from south Portland area though. Up that way I'd imagine Douglas Ridge or TriCounty to be more efficient time wise.

Now if you were thinking of moving South, as in Marion county or Linn county etc, then absolutely worth while.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top