JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey y'all,

I moved here in October and am settling down after nearly a decade of being on the move. The last 6 years I was a site manager, constructing utility scale solar power plants all around the US.

While I hinted a bit as a kid, and again a bit in VA and TN as an adult I wasn't much into guns until a few years ago when I decided to upgrade the old .270. And also decided to join my brother on an Idaho ek hunt. What a wormhole that's been since then.

Lately I'm mostly into long range and precision shooting, though I'm finding that hard to do around here. The local Cowlitz County range only goes out to 300 yards and doesn't allow anything but measured bench-rest shooting. Not prone or positional shooting. Im trying to find a spot where I can do both and have the option of getting out a few hundred more yards to confirm dope. Im hoping I'll find someone with land who likes to shoot that I can make an arrangement with. I'd love to set up some permanent steel targets.

I'm getting into hand loading 6.5cm and 300 PRC. I'm looking for 300 BO dies and powder as well. I'm also trying to learn how to upgrade my handgun skills - which are pretty terrible. Took a class on that just yesterday in Camas. I may end up getting some private instruction there.

Just found out about this forum and I'm stoked it exists.

3AB84814-BDC3-4AC4-A4D3-D9458AC2258F.jpeg C58AEC4E-865E-427D-9ECB-94D33175DBBE.jpeg 699CB5D4-5DF8-4F2E-AD38-38F5822EBDC8.jpeg 932DAF91-3252-48AF-875F-4B2C84B49679.jpeg

burger joint milkshakes
Where is the Burger Joint in Washington? When I am traveling I always want a good burger. I have been to Wibbley's in Belleuvue. Five Guys a not bad and they fry their french fries in peanut oil. I have also been to XXX Root Beer in Issaquah, WA and they serve huge burgers and I like the chocolate milkshakes.

Kalama is a fine place to live.

If you're home is atop a hill/mountain, you have prime land to build a bunker on.
A 10x 20 bunker is very handy. You can use it as a gaming room, wine cellar, etc, and more storage space.

And if russia uses tactical nukes in Ukraine, you're home value rises. :)

Coyote Steel & Co. in Eugene sells 10 guage hot rolled sheet metal at a reasonable price. Look into it.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Welcome
Have you tried the Lucky Dragon yet?
Have not tried it yet. A wild thing happened there yesterday though, I was in town with my girlfriend getting a beer at Willie Dicks to thank ourselves for doing chores, and a ton of police chased a car down Main Street. They ended up by the Lucky Dragon where he barricaded in his car with another person and a weapon for a couple hours. They called in SWAT and a bearcat. The pair of idiots had apparently reached speeds of 130 MPH in their police chase from Woodland. Thankfully they surrendered without firing at the police.

Have not tried it yet. A wild thing happened there yesterday though, I was in town with my girlfriend getting a beer at Willie Dicks to thank ourselves for doing chores, and a ton of police chased a car down Main Street. They ended up by the Lucky Dragon where he barricaded in his car with another person and a weapon for a couple hours. They called in SWAT and a bearcat. The pair of idiots had apparently reached speeds of 130 MPH in their police chase from Woodland. Thankfully they surrendered without firing at the police.
Lol, the one bad thing about Kalama- it's on the I-5 corridor, directly affected by the Inslee crime ring, indirectly by the Brown one.

Where is the Burger Joint in Washington? When I am traveling I always want a good burger. I have been to Wibbley's in Belleuvue. Five Guys a not bad and they fry their french fries in peanut oil. I have also been to XXX Root Beer in Issaquah, WA and they serve huge burgers and I like the chocolate milkshakes.
kalama burger bar

Welcome! I live just up the road from you in the hills above Kelso. If you're looking for a good burger I'd suggest The Fat Moose in Woodland. Good food, affordable drinks and everyday they have a dinner special that's way easy on the wallet. In fact, Monday is their burger special.

1651431505623.png

Parker's in Castle Rock. Steak house not a burger joint, but they have a good selection of burgers and they are enormous and delicious.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top