JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy All. I'm a former Marine new to the Portland area and looking for the news on where to shoot and some people to shoot with. I've always preferred shooting in the field than takeing on the great cardboard menace at the range so I hope you all can key me in on some areas shoot.

browns camp is okay when you when there's only a couple other shooters at a time. take 217 towards tillimook take the exit on hwy 6 and ride for about 30-35 minutes until you see a sign on the right side of the road that says browns camp and prompts you to turn left. (happens to be a brown sign too), its a bit of a blind turn so slow it down so you can look around the bend before crossing the lane. youll go up the hill for a few minutes until you see a large pit and there are boards giving range rules. bring your own target and clean up after yourself and the only thing youll have to worry about are irresponsible gun handlers. as far as distance you wont get any quality shooting past 200 yards though.

its free but packed on nice sunny days. had a fire out there on a dreary day out there once and the sheriff's deputy just asked that we make sure its out before we left. there is plenty of freedom for a public range so far as you pay attention and act like you have a brain. if there is a lot of people out there when you show up, youll probably be like me and dislike it a bit though. its a great place when its just you and yours though. if you drive a car it will be fine as long as you feel it will clear a few inches.

Thanks Kevinkris. Just what I was looking for. I work out that way so I might check it out after work some day. Any advice for long range shooting? I don't mind turning it into a day trip out past The Dalles or up into Washington.

browns camp is okay when you when there's only a couple other shooters at a time. take 217 towards tillimook take the exit on hwy 6 and ride for about 30-35 minutes until you see a sign on the right side of the road that says browns camp and prompts you to turn left. (happens to be a brown sign too), its a bit of a blind turn so slow it down so you can look around the bend before crossing the lane. youll go up the hill for a few minutes until you see a large pit and there are boards giving range rules. bring your own target and clean up after yourself and the only thing youll have to worry about are irresponsible gun handlers. as far as distance you wont get any quality shooting past 200 yards though.

its free but packed on nice sunny days. had a fire out there on a dreary day out there once and the sheriff's deputy just asked that we make sure its out before we left. there is plenty of freedom for a public range so far as you pay attention and act like you have a brain. if there is a lot of people out there when you show up, youll probably be like me and dislike it a bit though. its a great place when its just you and yours though. if you drive a car it will be fine as long as you feel it will clear a few inches.

Its Hwy 26 west, not 217

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR