JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome. What do you mean by old?o_O WW 2? Or is that Vintage?
TCGC "Vintage Rifle/Pistol Matches". A lot of fun. Mostly WW2 and earlier.
Great group. Bring out that Mosin and have fun.
Frank runs the match. This is his website.:rolleyes:
Vintage Military Rifle and Pistol Competition
I consider firearms from the late 1900's until about 1940 vintage. I'm really into Marlin and Winchester lever action rifles and long range single shots from the early 1900's

Are these as accurate as Quigley made them out to be ? Liked that movie.
wm_3193745.jpg

Oh yes...the BPC rifle is every bit as accurate, and I've seen them shoot a bit further out than the movie (which I believe was estimated at 782 yards. I've seen first hand several falling block rifles in 45-70 impact steel targets out to 1000 yards.

Wow and dam. That's some shooting w open sights.

Wow and dam. That's some shooting w open sights.
Pretty amazing what a good tang sight will do in the right hands. I have a vernier sight on my Marlin 336 Cowboy lever action in 38-55 that I can offhand fairly consistently out to 650 yards with well developed hand loads. I've sat next to a guy using an Marlin 1893 lever gun in 38-55 cal built around 1912 hit a steel plate at 1000 yards offhand...I was just dumbfounded.

I think I said something along those lines when Myk told me he shoots long range with open sights. Impressive!

Might have to look into a new hobby. And here we go again you guys costing me money :D
Oh, I'm still trying to learn to say "no" to more rifles myself...and failing miserably!

You'll always be our number one Andy, signified by raising the index finger (not the middle finger) American version, as I think the Italians have a different meaning with that gesture..... :rolleyes:

Thanks partsed!
In all honesty ... I do know a bit about black powder and original guns , But ...
I do hope I haven't come across as the end all be all of muzzleloading around here.
There is after all always something new to learn ... and someone new to show you.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads