JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new up here and thought I'd get on joining the local forums. THis one seems to be the most of my liking. Looking for the best northern Oregon/ Southern Washington places to shoot. I live in Portland now and want some where I can go get some good yardage without paying hundreds of dollars for a gun club. I was hoping for somewhere I can pack up the Jeep and get some rounds off at 50-300 yards? Am I living in a cloud of hope? Years back we had family in the forests of Wa, we could drive a few miles and point away from the road and be good to shoot, have times changed much?
I have my CHL and dont want to get any kind of illegal shooting ticket, so I also want to know(I wont hold you to it) basic shooting laws up here. I contacted the BLM and am waiting for a reply, where I can shoot and legality of shooting in the woods or other non inhabited areas. I'm sure we have some experienced people on here that can help. Not asking for the coveted secret spot, but just trying to get some good range for my scoped AR and the rest of my ladies to stretch their legs and be able to be shot at a distance over 100yd, preferably where I can drive up to my targets! So somewhere a bunch of Jackalopes aren't drinking and shooting acting like fools.
Thank you and great forum!

Check your county and/or sheriff website. One should have map(s) of no discharge zones. That, combined with local laws and shooting ordinances, will give you a good idea where you can shoot. Then comes the hard part...finding a suitable spot and figuring out how to get to it.

Good luck.

welcome irierider,i have a spot i like to go to out by vernonia,it's a bit of a drive for me from beaverton but i know its got a safe backdrop and that alone is worth the drive,i also shoot at browns camp when im in tillamook but also would like to learn some new closer spots where i can shoot at some distance.if this is in range for you hit me up and i will p.m.you the directions to the spot.
my only fear of this spot is i dont know if bow hunters are up there right now and i dont want to run their deer off,that wouldn't be cool.

Sorry to bring up this dead-ish thread, but I am dying to find a good outdoors spot to shoot my handguns in PDX. If sharing on the forum will blow up the spot, feel free to PM me with a good spot. I'd love to head out with anyone that would be willing to take me. I'll bring the beers and some shooters

Outdoors in PDX? Don't think that's available.

I know a couple spots out by Vernonia, though they're a 35 mile drive from Portland, roughly.

Haven't read the local NE PDX news lately?

NEVER even contemplated beers AND shooting at the same time....
:s0002:

Mike

Are you guys serious? I was trying to be gracious, like I was taught. Always bring beers and be polite when people help you out.

I am not advocating getting loaded up drunk and shooting.

Some things don't come through the Internet well, obviously I should have rephrased my post.

Just to clarify, not being rude, that just wasn't my intention, was just trying to be nice, a "you buy I fly" type deal to show gratitude

Wasn't trying to upset everybody. I'm a responsible shooter, have been for years

Are you guys serious? I was trying to be gracious, like I was taught. Always bring beers and be polite when people help you out.

Some things don't come through the Internet well, obviously I should have rephrased my post.

I kind of figured (hoped) you were kidding but you never know.

It was kind of hard to know if you were serious or kidding,

It sucks having some guys pull up into your shooting spot tossing beer cans out the window then try to shoot skeet at empty beer cans with ak47s. cussing and and pretending to be a gangsta spraying bullets at nothing with a open half rack on the tail gate

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of figured (hoped) you were kidding but you never know.

It was kind of hard to know if you were serious or kidding,

It sucks having some guys pull up into your shooting spot tossing beer cans out the window then try to shoot skeet at empty beer cans with ak47s. cussing and and pretending to be a gangsta spraying bullets at nothing with a open half rack on the tail gate

Wow at that video, haha

Definitely not me. I'm just looking for a nice outdoors spot to enjoy my handguns without having to pay a 100 bucks each time I shoot cuz I am forced to buy their targets, ammo, etc. It's a bunch of crap

I certainly wouldn't show up blasted and screw up a good thing. I would never blow up a spot by being a jerk, it defeats the whole purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:

No problem bigboy.....I really didn't figure you wanted to get "Loaded up drunk" and go a shootin' with one of us. I'm relativly new to shooting and I'm taking it REAL SERIOUS. The comment of beer and shooting in the same sentence, seems to me, is akin to pointing an unloaded firearm at someone being okay, NOT!

You'll be all right.

And the video?! That shizz had me squirming in my seat, I won't even watch that again.
And to hear the drunks buddies laughing!! I'd a been diving for cover!

Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads