JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone, first off, I can be at times, a jabberbox.

So I am 30 years old, married with a 7 month old daughter. Up until last couple years I have never felt the need to hold, own, fire, or otherwise use a weapon of any sort. My reasons for pursuing a purchase are basically in preparation of any sort of disaster, gov't collapse, and general protection. My choice is an M1A/M-14, as it would serve well for various hunting, and it is efficient for defense.
I am sure a few of you are thinking I am some nut for all of a sudden wanting to own a weapon and I am sure a few of you maybe thinking I am probably going to end up shooting myself by accident.
I served from 1999-2003 in the United States Marine Corps as an infantryman. I was apart of the invasion forces in both military campaigns going into Afghanistan and Iraq. I have and did a lot of training including but no expert in enhanced marksmanship, I was dropped out of reconnaissance school (wasn't man enough lol, no academics and physical training were overwhelming) I did low level SERE survival school, and just plain stomped a lot of plants around the globe. 19 countries to be exact. I trained for almost a full month in the heart of the Amazon jungle with the Peruvian special forces and commandos alike, to dealing with dirtbag suicide bombers and would be Republican Guardsman that thought they had it would it took to engage a Marine rifle squad. So going back to my lack of desire of owning or operating a weapon is because I have put enough ordinance downrange in my 4 years 3 months of active duty to not really felt the need to do it here at home. But out of fear for my less than capable wife and child, IF the situation arises I would best be prepared again to take arms against any sort of looters or vicious animals in our move/defense of safety and living, makes sense? I can only enable my family as much as they can handle, they cannot be me or as potentially strong so I must carry them as best as I can.
So now I am sure I have achieved at being boring, I figured it would not hurt to join a community with like minded people who own, shoot, think survival and some of you even live it, to chat with and discuss things about these things.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top