JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently moved to Vancouver and have a pistol (Desert Eagle) and rifle (lever action '92 action) I need to sell.

While I know I can sell for more $$$ to a private party w/transfer at an FFL, I would prefer less hassle and sell to a gun shop or pawn shop.

Any recommendations for where I am likely to do best selling (not consignment) in the area? In my area I came across ShootAtSafeFire, America's Pawn, RW Pawn, Tropics Pawn, Sporting Systems. In the Portland area I was thinking about Northwest Armory.

Your recommendations would be appreciated - both for best place to sell (or even who to avoid - and thanks for helping someone new to the area.

Just a thought. You are already prepared to go to a shop or shops to sell the firearms. It will only be a little more hassle to meet a private party at the same shop and sell it to them. You will lose at least 30%, probably more by selling them to a shop. The lever action well sell easily here, not sure about the desert eagle.

You're going to get completely lowballed by any gun shop you go to sell to, just for them to put it up for sale way above market value.

You can sell quickly here if your price is right.

In the end, you do you. Can't say which shop will give you the best offer, they're all the same in my experience

I'd second what arakboss shared. I 've never sold to a shop, but when I have been in several decent dealerships and seen people bring firearms in to sell to the shop, I have heard them tell the individuals they would give them about 60 or 65% of what they believe they could resell the firearms for. I suspect most pawn shops would pay less.

I would post ads here first. Either way, you are going to a FFL for a transfer. If you are willing to take 60-65% of what they are worth to sell to a dealer, you could probably get 75-80% of what they are worth to a member here and sell them almost as quick (day or two). If you are willing to wait a couple weeks, could get closer to the full value.

However, your guns, your choice. Good luck with whatever route you choose!

I know some shops do consignment. J&B in Beaverton, and I believe Hummel Arms in Tigard. I've bought from both of them with good experience. Not sure how much they take for the consigning service, but this could be another option. I'd still try selling here first with a legal FFL transfer to the buyer.

Just a thought. You are already prepared to go to a shop or shops to sell the firearms. It will only be a little more hassle to meet a private party at the same shop and sell it to them. You will lose at least 30%, probably more by selling them to a shop. The lever action well sell easily here, not sure about the desert eagle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top