JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Savage 93 series!! I have one in 17hmr and .22 and love them! They both shoot very accurately and have accu-triggers. They go on sale at bimart quite often for about the same price as the 10/22 and good scopes go on sale all the time everywhere. Whole package for right about $300 (minus the bipod)

downsized_0322131424_zps298c5b73.jpg

Thanks Flop!!! Why do u love the CZ more?

I target shoot with it and find the bolt action more fun for that. The CZ is a beautiful firearm - very well made. Buttery smooth action, great trigger. There is something hard to describe about it. Shooting good groups requires a relaxed concentration that this gun somehow makes easier. I hope that doesn't sound stupid - I just love shooting it. I've shot a lot of one inch, five shot groups with it at one hundred yards too.

Mine is a CZ 452 UltraLux and it looks a lot like this one:
2laxzpj.jpg
I've put a cheek riser and bipod on mine. From further away, they look like this:
CZ452UltraLux001.jpg
I think I paid $409 out the door for it. They don't make this model anymore, but the new 455 line has gotten good reviews from some very dedicated CZ enthusiasts, so I can recommend them with confidence. The barrel will be shorter than that 26.8" one because the 455 is not offered in UltraLux. You might look into the 455 Lux, American or Varmint. If you want to learn more about them, RimfireCentral.com has a CZ forum with some very knowledgeable and friendly folks on it.

I like .22s so much that I have seven of them, including my dad's Model 2 Sport he bought back in 1930. As a result of being beaten up badly by the British soldiery who arrested him after he blew up a police station in 1920, he was partly blind in his right eye, so he had to get a scope, too. That is still on it.

Walther DSM - 1934
Walther Sport Model 2 - 1930
Anschutz Model 1409 + big ol' Tasco x16 scope - 1967
BSA Martini MkII Intl left-hander with x18 Unertl 2" Super Varmint - 1957
BSA Martini MkII Intl right-hander with unique one off-laminated thumb-hole stock and big ol Tasco x18 scope - 1962
Mauser ES350B + Ajack x2.5 high mount scope - 1937
BSA Model 2 - unique takedown model by Alexander Martin of Glasgow - 1912

tac

It's just so hard to go wrong with a 10/22 as a first rifle. If you "outgrow" it you haven't lost much money, especially if you start with a used one. They're real hard to break and pretty easy to fix, so buying a used one isn't much risk either. I have a CZ 452 that I can't say enough good things about, but it cost twice as much as my 10/22 and most new shooters love them both (I love the CZ way more).

I second the 10-22. I have one like this except in stainless and with a scope.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/969465364/RUGER-10-22-INTERNATIONAL-18-5-WALNUT-NEW.htm

I would avoid take down models as I have found them to be inaccurate.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top