JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would also recommend to start with a small press like the Lee turret. I began reloading in March 2011 with it. Believe me, there's a lot to learn and I have by no means mastered it. What I like about the turret is you can remove the part that rotates the turret to make it single stage. This is REALLY a great way to begin. After watching what the dies do to each peace for a while you can then put the center spiral back in (no tools required) and begin completing your rounds in full, this certainly makes it more rewarding faster. I got up to about 100 rounds per hour with this press loading 5.56. Your investment in Lee is small and will work well to let you decide if you want to spend the money and time to load your own and/or move up. I love loading and shooting my own ammo so I stepped up to the Dillon 650 after about 8 months. No regrets about the Lee in fact we still use it to load very accurate rounds for my sons .308.

Could not agree more with finding someone in your area to talk with and learn from. I live near Puyallup and go to the Tacoma Sportsmans club. The guys there are really great about sharing what they know with those that want to learn. This has been the best money I have spent in the whole process. I would add I check our forum here and find the members equally happy to answer questions no matter how silly you might feel for asking. There are no stupid questions in reloading except the ones you don't ask and you blow up a gun because of it or worse.

Make sure you find a great source for the materials you choose to use. It will make a big difference in getting your return on investment sooner.

Enjoy and shoot safe!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top