JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey y'all I'm new to reloading and have alot of components but am looking for a new press, maybe a Lee 4 stage? Does anyone have info where to get a good deal on one. Maybe someone has one to trade or sell? I have a few things on my page to trade.

Hey y'all I'm new to reloading and have alot of components but am looking for a new press, maybe a Lee 4 stage? Does anyone have info where to get a good deal on one. Maybe someone has one to trade or sell? I have a few things on my page to trade.
Sadly there is no such thing right now. We are in the middle of another of the rolling panic shortages that we have had many of. You can of course buy one right now but you will not find any good deals unless you mean someone selling one at 2 times "normal" rather than 4 times normal?

If you don't have a single stage, I would recommend starting with one. Find a RCBS, Hornady or Redding. You will use it even if you upgrade to bigger and faster presses.

Even though I have a Dillion Progressive, I use my single stage for brass prep and low volume rifle and pistol rounds. Before the Dillion, I loaded 45 ACP on the single stage at about 100 rounds per hour.

Wow! I just looked at a couple of places and the RCBS kit is unavailable. One place delivery not until Oct 31- Nov 7th. Tuesday we were at BiMart and saw a guy coming out with the RCBS kit, a tumbler and media.

I'd say get looking on ebay or maybe see if you could order at BiMart or Sportsman's warehouse?

I would say just buy one and don't worry too much saving a buck or two. The value in owning a reloading press is in it's use so it's actual cost will be paid for may times over the life of the machine.

If you don't have a single stage, I would recommend starting with one. Find a RCBS, Hornady or Redding. You will use it even if you upgrade to bigger and faster presses.

Even though I have a Dillion Progressive, I use my single stage for brass prep and low volume rifle and pistol rounds. Before the Dillion, I loaded 45 ACP on the single stage at about 100 rounds per hour.
Yeah I have an old rock chucker I picked up at a gun show for like $20 a few years back. And I've done a couple hundred rounds of 9mm on it I think I'm ready to move up

I use a Redding T-7. I like the ability toset up two dies sets and leave them. Bought another plate now I can set four die sets one each with taper crimp factory dies.
I also have a Forster primer hand press it works very consistant.
Not for myrifle cals. but it would work, esp. for 6.8.
Buy quality over time you'll have a nice effeicient set up.

My suggestion would be to start searching now if you will need small rifle or pistol primers for the calibers you are going to reload... Primers that fit large rifle or pistol calibers are easier to find currently.

My suggestion would be to start searching now if you will need small rifle or pistol primers for the calibers you are going to reload... Primers that fit large rifle or pistol calibers are easier to find currently.

I wonder -- has anyone tried reaming out a small primer pocket to fit large? Might not be enough room in 9mm, but maybe a .40 would work?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top