New to Portland area

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I just moved here, and wow, we love it! I'm retired Army, and my wife and I own a small graphics design company. Even though we've only been here two weeks or so, we are really happy in the PNW!

I'm excited to find this community, and I hope I can add to it over time. Also hoping to make it up to the North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes.

Best,

jlhopwo

OP
jlhopwo
Reactions
Hi, I'm in Multnomah country in SW off of Multnomah Blvd. I have a Glock 19, and I will probably purchase a AR-15 variant at some point soon. I've never done match shooting. I have thought about getting into some shooting competitions, but more the, I don't know what they are called, but the run/gun ones?

Thanks for your note!

jlhopwo

Reactions
Hi, I'm in Multnomah country in SW off of Multnomah Blvd. I have a Glock 19, and I will probably purchase a AR-15 variant at some point soon. I've never done match shooting. I have thought about getting into some shooting competitions, but more the, I don't know what they are called, but the run/gun ones?

Thanks for your note!

jlhopwo
Run and gun = IDPA or USPSA. Try Tri-Counties Gun Club (IDPA) or Douglas Ridge Rifle Club (USPSA).

Flymph

Reactions
Sorta, it's always "an hour from..." as a positive aspect of living here... The translated term of willamette is "valley of sickness" and I tend to agree. Born and raised in town so I feel qualified in my assertion. LoL

Reactions
Welcome to the PNW - 36-year native myself - awesome place to live other than the risk of Cascadia earthquake and west-side politics. My wife, from Nevada, describes it as 'enchanting'. Just wait until summer (if we get one this year...).

UPCOMING EVENTS

22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Professional business
    This business has been my go to transfer dealer for years. Best you can find in Washington County
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
Top Bottom