JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello - I recently moved here from Ohio and prior to that NC. I'm looking forward to joining a local gun forum for meet ups and other events. I'm also very passionate about moving pro gun legislation through the state legislature. I'm not sure if the political will is in the state, but I would like the background check law for private transfers changed.
Anyway, I look forward to meeting and interacting with you.

Last Edited:
Welcome. Are you going to try and find places in the woods or are you looking at a club? If you are looking at TriCounty, I'd be happy to host you there for a look around and a shoot.
I might be interested in joining a club, but I've heard the wait lists are fairly long.

As for a spot in the woods, I have already found one. It's a ways away and needs cleaned up. I've never understood "shootin' stuff". Paper target stand, steel plates, and some free harbor freight tarps and no one would know you were there except for tire tracks.

Welcome!!

I moved here from San Diego after discharge in 1980. I was looking for hunting and fishing. Adapted myself to this rural Ag and Timber community. Nowadays people don't seem to want to do that.

Wishing you all the best. :s0105:

Welcome to the forum. Native OR resident here.

You're going to find, with regard to the political process in Salem, that the deck is very heavily stacked against gun owners. As it stands right now, both the House and Senate are under the control of the Anti-Gun crowd. If that doesn't change this November by Oregonians voting pro-gun folks into office and swinging the majority the other way, the BGC law will not only stay in place, but we're going to be hit with even worse laws. Best you can probably do is get every single voter who will listen, to vote for pro-gun candidates in Oregon in November. Otherwise, we're only along for the ride, and I don't like where they're taking us. This state, politically, is effectively controlled by the greater Portland metro area and a few other bastions of gun haters such as Eugene/Springfield. They out vote us in every election, even chose to re-elect a corrupt Governor rather than vote for a Republican candidate. It is an uphill battle, and we are losing at the moment.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top