JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So do you have the P94 already? Or are you looking at one?

I have owned (2) P89's, which are a gen or two before the P94. Similar guns overall. Big, in my opinion, compared to some other guns on the market. Options for them will be limited, especially since they stopped production some 10 years ago. Mags are still available from a number of sources. Sights possibly too.

My experience with P series Rugers has been overall very positive. In fact, I'm going to be picking up a used P91DC (.40sw) here shortly. Nice thing is that they are still reliable guns and relatively inexpensive. I would see them best suited as a nightstand gun or a truck gun rather than a carry gun, due to size and weight.

I bought it all ready. I was looking for a full sizes all metal 9mm and this looked to be a good one. I wanted big and heavy for the lessor perceived recoil factor and quicker recovery. I've got a M&P 40 Shield for a carry gun. This will be for action targets like happy cans at a gravel pit.

I had one. I loved it enough to feel comfortable enough to pass it along to my dear old dad as a truck gun where it currently resides. Built like a tank and reliable. The only thing I changed out on it was I threw a set of Hogue grips on it because the stock ones sure seemed slick.

I bought it all ready. I was looking for a full sizes all metal 9mm and this looked to be a good one. I wanted big and heavy for the lessor perceived recoil factor and quicker recovery. I've got a M&P 40 Shield for a carry gun. This will be for action targets like happy cans at a gravel pit.

They are soft shooters :)

I had a couple of P95s and got rid of them for something more streamlined and modern. Still regret this decision, as they were solid, reliable pistols that never failed me and were comfortable in hand despite the bulky size. Built to last forever. I do believe that I willl be looking for another soon.

I've had both the P89 and P94 in 9mm. It's denifnately not a pistol you have to worry about, pound nails with it and it will shoot just as good as ever. The trigger is lousy ( a long pull with a sloppy break) but it's a dependable pistol. I gave my 94 to my son a few years back. He loves it.

My very first handgun was a P89 Stainless. Like others have mentioned, it can be used to pound nails and is reliable as the day is long. Mods are few and far. But I put 12,000 rounds through my P89 without ONE malfunction.

I had one. I loved it enough to feel comfortable enough to pass it along to my dear old dad as a truck gun where it currently resides. Built like a tank and reliable. The only thing I changed out on it was I threw a set of Hogue grips on it because the stock ones sure seemed slick.

Soon as I got it home I ordered the Hogue finger groove wrap a round grip, with my XXL hands they should be just fine.

I put talon grips on my P95, totally worthwhile investment
s-l300.jpg

Took the P-94 out and ran 90 rounds through it. The load I shot was a cull load that is too light for most actions. In the 90 rounds I had 3 fail to ejects, which for that load is pretty good. I was shooting at old clay pigeon parts on a dirt bank at about 15 paces. Accuracy was good or minute of clays if you'd prefer. It has a long trigger travel but once I started shooting it like a Glock and only releasing the trigger as far as the reset the trigger was pretty good. Recoil was negligible and follow up shots quick, now that might change a bit when I shoot higher power loads but I'm betting not too much. Bottom line two thumbs up, Mikey, Likey!

I have a p-85 that i bought new way back when.( 1988? ). never fails to feed, eats ammo and begs for more. made outta some weird alloy ,has large trigger guard for gloved hands. I consider it the ugliest gun i have ever purchased, but is so reliable.

Have had a P85 as my edc for 10 years and have done a lot to it. Target sights, extra power recoil spring, hogue grips, and replaced a lot of internals. It's the most solid, reliable gun I've shot until a 1911A1. Lately I've been shooting +P 147gr and it doesn't balk a bit. Ruger P85.jpg

Of course, my SA Range Officer 1911A1 is lighter and thinner than the Ruger, and doesn't kick as much if you believe that!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top