JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up a Rossi 92 in 357,appears to be a older one.but doesn't seem to have seen much action. I haven't shot it yet so my opinion could change but i think I'd like to replace the front sight. It's the one the is a piece of the barrel band. Anyone ever replace one like that? Any other mods done would be cool to know about to. @CountryGent you seem to be up on these. Maybe you have some words of wisdom.

The one that I had was a an older one without the useless added safety.
It shot and carried very nicely....I found that .357 magnum loads , tended to shoot higher than .38 Special loads.

The only mod that I did....was remove the original stock finish....it was a very shiny gloss varnish type finish...hit the stock with nitric acid and gave it a oil finish.
Andy

Very cool firearm, been looking for a clean older one myself.

I believe it's the older one. It doesn't have a safety. And isn't tapped under the adjustable sight.pocked it up at pawn shop.they had it marked for $600. Ended up trading a walther pk380and $200 cash for which brought my cost to about 450 and they cover the bgc

I added a RDS sight to mine. It detracts from the overall aesthetics, but for me, the improvement upon its performance makes it worth it. I was tempted to try and install some Williams Fire sights, but I had read that the dovetails Rossi's 92 were not standard.

Absolutely love mine, in fact I nearly sold it a few years back :eek:

I vote, leave it alone and shoot it. Only thing I've don't to mine was have it completely Cerakoted in midnight blue to help it not rust as it was very prone to doing.

The front sight is ok. I shoot mine very well with the front blade on the barrel ring. If anything you could put a little white finger nail paint on it to help.

10BBC973-5B26-4EB0-8C7C-70EA6646F0AC.jpeg

I have one that I retired a long time age. About one in every 50 rounds fired while being chambered. The first two times it happened I thought it was poor trigger finger placement. Then I was able to reproduce it and it's sat ever since. Sadly because I loved shooting it. Not sure if there's a fix for it or if it's worth it but I cannot consciously sell it as is.

I have one that I retired a long time age. About one in every 50 rounds fired while being chambered. The first two times it happened I thought it was poor trigger finger placement. Then I was able to reproduce it and it's sat ever since. Sadly because I loved shooting it. Not sure if there's a fix for it or if it's worth it but I cannot consciously sell it as is.
Have a Smith look it over?

Have a Smith look it over?
I keep meaning to but..... New kid (actually two since then), moved, got newer toys, but mainly forgot I had it until now. That's what happens when I got my second safe, rarely used guns go to rest in one and often used ones in the other.

I keep meaning to but..... New kid (actually two since then), moved, got newer toys, but mainly forgot I had it until now. That's what happens when I got my second safe, rarely used guns go to rest in one and often used ones in the other.
I feel ya.

Im certain Tim aka Velzey could fix that up in a pinch.

I vote, leave it alone and shoot it
Second that notion. My 45LC worked well for a decade of hard multimonthly SASS matches & multiple users. Never broke, never jammed. Never changed anything, until finally tried to make it not handl like some agricultural machinery when operating the lever. Didn't help. Guy offered way more money than I paid for it used. You know the story.

Any other mods done would be cool to know about to. @CountryGent you seem to be up on these. Maybe you have some words of wisdom.

A thousand pardons for not responding to this earlier. I saw it, then got so busy, I forgot. Yes, we have two of the Rossi:

lever2-jpg.jpg

One is a stainless steel, 10+1 shot in .44 Magnum. The other started life as a 5+1 capacity .357 Magnum Ranch Hand, was SBRed, and suppressed. Random musings:

• The .44 Magnum is easily one of my favorites. Surprisingly accurate, plenty of ammo on tap, light handling, and just works. The only thing that blows is the stupid top mounted safety, but that can be ignored. As a working/fun gun, I couldn't be more delighted.
  • The SBR project was a "fantastic voyage", but worked out. It shoots high, but Kentucky windage helps. It think I'll replace the sights. This one fits my little wife very good, so we think she will carry this one. If not here, on land in the southwest.
  • There is decent aftermarket support for this line.
  • Rossi has/had a very questionable recall on their revolvers, so I will never buy another one. That said, the two that remain are OK.
  • I'd go bananas if they ever offered one in .50Æ, but I think that is as likely as me winning the lottery I do not play. :s0114:
Anyway, hope that helps. Congratulations on your new rifle. Blessings to you and yours. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top