JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I traded for above carbine 20" barrel 44mag I plan on hunting shots will be 125 yards give or take most 75 or under its has amazing Skinner peep sights but my eyes are not as good as they used to be so I was thinking about putting some kind of dot sight in front of the peep to co wittness I have looked at the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 it looks good. So what are your thoughts and experiences thanks

I traded for above carbine 20" barrel 44mag I plan on hunting shots will be 125 yards give or take most 75 or under its has amazing Skinner peep sights but my eyes are not as good as they used to be so I was thinking about putting some kind of dot sight in front of the peep to co wittness I have looked at the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 it looks good. So what are your thoughts and experiences thanks
Why not try a fiber optic front sight combined with your Skinner rear sight before putting a contraption on your levergun ?

I was thinking about putting some kind of dot sight in front of the peep to co wittness I have looked at the Sig Sauer Romeo 5
I don't quite understand what you mean by 'putting some kind of dot in front of the peep'

Do you mean like a red dot sight in CONJUNCTION with a peep?

If so that makes no sense as it would be very cumbersome on the rifle as well as an odd mounting configuration.

I have little experience with 'Dot' sights as they do not work well with the artificial lens in my eye. Tried one once on a friends AR to see if it MIGHT be something I could put on my PCC but it was uncomfortable to use, blurry and inconsistent.

I am a fan of peeps and have them on several of my rifles. I prefer a globe front with a traditional 'bead' HOWEVER I might try a fiber optic sometime on one of my rifles as I really like those on guns I have shot.

I am thinking of the Tandemcross fiber on my PCC as it is inexpensive and because Ruger really goofed by NOT incorporating a standard dovetailed ramp on the front of the PCC so one would have some 'latitude' with sight choices.

Okay I didnt say what I was thinking sorry the red dot sight would go in front of the peep with a see through riser thats what I was thinking. I'm going to have to get it in the woods to see how good I can see that front post.

Okay I didnt say what I was thinking sorry the red dot sight would go in front of the peep with a see through riser thats what I was thinking. I'm going to have to get it in the woods to see how good I can see that front post.
Don't be afraid to experiment with a red vs green fiber front sight.
My eyes don't like red very well, it's blurry but I can see green nice and crisp.
Most fibers can be swapped out if you have the right diameter rod.

1) Try the Skinner peep as is.
2) If no-go then swap in a fiber optic front sight.
Ranger Point Precision, Marble, Skinner and a few others make them for the leverguns.

Don't rule out a globe front.

I bought one nearly new where the owner got the wrong height but it was perfect for my need.

A good way to determine if you might like a globe is to find someone with a Winchester 94 with a sight hood and look through it.

IMG_2133.JPG

Ya thats the first real gun I shot it was my dad 1947 win 30-30 and my first hunting gun I love them. I am curious though this is a 2017 gun was there quality better by then I mean Remlins cause this gun seems pretty nice and with his reloads shoots lights out

I had a similar vintage Marlin (Remlin) in 45 Colt. It too was a nice rifle that shot well. Congrats on the new rifle, enjoy it! I like the receiver sights and have them on most of my lever actions.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top