JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you guys think? My Dad is a big fan of the Hi Power and I always kind of ignored them. Then I decided I should have one, just because my Dad enjoys them and I figured it was another thing we could enjoy together.

I wanted a gun I could shoot and carry, so I went with a MkIII vs some of the older models because of the better sights (dovetailed for when I decided to switch them for Novaks), larger ambidextrous safety, and a drop safety. The grips that came off this gun were rubber Hogues, so I bought a set of rosewood grips.

293F556F-4847-4B54-A276-B2CCFFF142E4.jpeg

Very damn nice. I have always liked these. Last one I had many years ago is another of those "wish I would have kept that one" guns:(. Mine tried to bite me too. Not bad but I could feel it enough that it bothered me so I had a Smith put a different set up on it. can't remember any more for sure but, IIRC it ended up with one that looked like the hammer on a lot of 1911's, round. After that it no longer hit me any more.:)

You can never go wrong with a BHP. I buy every one I find at a good price. Currently I carry a Dan Wesson build BHP with full C&S goodies since I wore out the factory sear.

I'm old school, carried a 1911 Commander for years and then went to the High Power.
There's a reason it was called the "King of the Nines" and I believe in many ways that it still is.

Shorter ring type hammers are available and a pretty simple swap out. Get rid of the mag disconnect, swap out the hammer and shoot the snot out of it. :cool:

INMHO it's a singular pistol and should be experienced by every serious shooter.
Enjoy!

Probably the thinnest fullsize 9mm pistol ever made.
Haven't held a better fitting pistol to my hand, unfortunately the hungarian clone I had(made by FEG) had a heavy trigger even with the magazine disconnect removed and I was simply unable to shoot it well. If I do ever buy another Hi-Power it will be one with a decent trigger.

Do they make newer production models of these? Sort of like how everyone makes 1911 is there anyone like that for the high power?

Do they make newer production models of these? Sort of like how everyone makes 1911 is there anyone like that for the high power?
There are clones, but they haven't been quite as good as the Browning.

@No_Regerts : Congratulations on getting that Hi-Power. IMHO it has the best feel of any handgun I've owned. It just fits my hand and points very well for me.
I hope it does the same for you.
Good shooting!:s0155:

Thanks I've been curious to try a hi power but all the ones I ever see are in older shape and I've never been able to actually shoot one.

Prices pretty fair or are they all like $1k+?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top