JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at a friend's place picking up some old ammo he had for me, when he asked me if I had any interest in air guns? I told him I shoot a Gamo Whisper, and had some very old Benjamin pump rifles, and always liked to look at any kind of gun. So he left the room and came back with this custom carry case and handed it to me.

eXl6qlul.jpg

Opened it up, and this space gun was inside.

y1aNQN5l.jpg

He told me it was an FEG Match pistol he'd bought years ago to play with, and it could be mine cheap. Way cheap, like not much more than my Gamo rifle cost me! So I bought it.
He has made numerous changes to improve it, like the Tasco air pistol 6x scope, adjustable target grips, a larger muzzle compensator, an aftermarket bolt handle, and extra CO2 cylinders.
I'll need to buy a bulk tank to fill the cylinders before I can shoot it, so I hope to find something locally. States in the manual it needs to be food grade CO2 to avoid mucking up the pistol. So I guess any beverage bottle will work.
Anyone know where to get a tank around the Portland, Or. area?

Last Edited:
Does anyone know a good source in the Portland area for food grade CO2 tanks? I need to find a small one to charge my air pistol cylinders.

Does anyone know a good source in the Portland area for food grade CO2 tanks? I need to find a small one to charge my air pistol cylinders.
If you mean you want to buy a tank and have it filled? Every restaurant, bar, and such uses them. Check local yellow pages for places.

If you mean you want to buy a tank and have it filled? Every restaurant, bar, and such uses them. Check local yellow pages for places.
Yes, but restaurants, bars, etc. use huge tanks. I want a smaller 5-10 lb. tank, not those gigantic tanks.

I had my Steyr LP5 converted to air here in UK - nobody uses Co2 anymore, mainly as it was banned in competition by the ISSF on environmental grounds about ten years ago.

Your FEG is a nice thing to find, even though it has some kind or contraption stuck on it.

Don't know which ones you have been going to but every one I worked for the CO2 for our kegs was a little bottle, not the big ones like welders use. Did you even look at the gas places that sell this?
Their "little bottles" are about the same size as my 80 cu.ft. argon/oxy mix for my welder. Nothing that's the smaller size just a bit bigger than a 1 qt. thermos that most airgun guys use.

I had my Steyr LP5 converted to air here in UK - nobody uses Co2 anymore, mainly as it was banned in competition by the ISSF on environmental grounds about ten years ago.

Your FEG is a nice thing to find, even though it has some kind or contraption stuck on it.
"Contraption"? Meaning the air tank under the barrel, or the scope on top, or the compensator?
It did come with the original iron sights also, but I'd have to run no compensator to reinstall the front blade as it's part of a barrel weight that fits the barrel.

"Contraption"? Meaning the air tank under the barrel, or the scope on top, or the compensator?
It did come with the original iron sights also, but I'd have to run no compensator to reinstall the front blade as it's part of a barrel weight that fits the barrel.
Here in UK we are not used to using what you call bulls-eye air pistols like this with scopes - we have other kinds for that sort of shooting.

This is my Steyr LP5 -

1668768690479.png

They sell 5 pound tanks, that is what your welder uses?
My mig welder uses an 80 cu. ft. tank. Welding tanks aren't rated in pouns, but cubic feet. An 80 is about 30" tall for my Argon/Oxy mix 75/25.

A bottle originally designed for oxygen, such as a person with breathing issues might use.
Check the medical supply stores.
👍👍

Airgas welding supply has what you need and should be able to sell you a small bottle as well so you have an "owner" tank. They list a 5# bottle of food grade but have different grades that would work you would need to call to make sure.

or

Airgas welding supply has what you need and should be able to sell you a small bottle as well so you have an "owner" tank. They list a 5# bottle of food grade but have different grades that would work you would need to call to make sure.

or
Thanks! That's exactly what I need. Food or beverage grade in a small 5lb. or 10lb. size.

A bottle originally designed for oxygen, such as a person with breathing issues might use.
Check the medical supply stores.
👍👍
Not sure if oxygen bottles have the same threads? If not my fill adapter wont work.

Here's the ones I use for my CO2 rifle

https://www.amazon.com/Action-Village-20oz-Paintball-Tank/dp/B08M6KWRM8/ref=sr_1_56?keywords=refillable+co2+tank&qid=1669604452&sr=8-56&th=1&psc=1 . I think Walmart carries them also
I get mine filled at a paint ball place.

George
Thanks. I wonder where to find out what the fitting sizes are for these? Or if there's a standard fitting for paintball, or airgun tanks? I may have to take my airgun and the adapter to a store that sells paintball guns, and see how the two compare, or if they adapt to each other.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top