JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's not all the gun guys causing the current gun and ammo shortages! Something that is part blessing and part curse is the number of folks joining the I Own A Gun Club. I have been hitting the usual crack dealers to one stock up and two to see the circus. I have noticed a whole lot of people who are buying their first guns. Kinda neat to have hope that "our" ranks are swelling but I also believe it has a huge amount to do with the crazy prices and shortages too. I sure don't like sharing the old supply levels with the new demand. Today I was asked by other patrons (waiting for a backround check myself)about things like ammo and storage. True newbies! :) It is almost comical what some people don't know but I did my best to help em out. Gotta give a lot of credit to those poor gun store clerks who used to hear "What's new?" from the old timers and now are getting days full of "Which end do the bullets go in?" :D

I have seen a ton of "new" gun folks in the local shop. And glad they are! I have seen them leave with one or two new pistols and a back full of ammo! And its that way nation wide!

The wife and I were approached by one of our very liberal neighbors about the gun issue. She brought up a good point. What's next? As in what more restrictions are going to be enacted? I knew she wasn't just talking about guns. Well, one thing lead to another and the wife and I took her shooting. She came away with a new attitude. Those black rifles aren't evil afterall. Now she's a new gun owner and is signed up for a class to get a CHL.

So I'd like to think that perhaps we have even more coming over to "our side" than the other side think we do. As Sun195 mentioned be helpful and courtious.

The wife and I were approached by one of our very liberal neighbors about the gun issue. She brought up a good point. What's next? As in what more restrictions are going to be enacted? I knew she wasn't just talking about guns. Well, one thing lead to another and the wife and I took her shooting. She came away with a new attitude. Those black rifles aren't evil afterall. Now she's a new gun owner and is signed up for a class to get a CHL.

So I'd like to think that perhaps we have even more coming over to "our side" than the other side think we do. As Sun195 mentioned be helpful and courtious.

Good job. I've always offered to take people shooting. I think I'll probably take some more here in the next couple of weeks.

I'm one of those noobs, bought my first pistol the day after the election. Not just because of Obama being re-elected, I was thinking about getting one for a while, but that seemed like a good time to get one. Unfortunately, I was also planning on getting an AR15 later, but with all the stuff that's going on now, I was kind of forced to try to get something now while I still could, and that had proven difficult, as you all know! I did get a complete lower though, and didn't overpay, and have mags on backorder, now I just need to decide who I'm going to backorder my upper from and hope I can find some ammo, lol! At least I have enough ammo for my pistol that's it's not useless. I also want a .22 pistol and rifle, but.22LR is about impossible to find now too, so I'm just going to focus on the upper for now, and probably a .17 HMR, since that seems to be a fun round, and you can actually find it in stock, lol!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top