JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all. Just joined, and looking for some advice. I have two rifles I am looking to sell, and have really just gotten into firearms in general.

I'm also trying to get into reloading and need advice on where to get supplies like brass, etc. Right now looking into loading for a 30-06.

Welcome aboard.

We don't have a post limit to our classifieds so your welcome to post up the firearms you have for sale there.

As for reloading. I know Troy at Sportsmans Warehouse teaches a seminar once and a while that goes over starting up.

If your looking to only load 30-06 I would recommend getting a smaller, less expensive press and or a decently priced kit that tends to have most of the needed key items to get you started.

Welcome aboard.

We don't have a post limit to our classifieds so your welcome to post up the firearms you have for sale there.

As for reloading. I know Troy at Sportsmans Warehouse teaches a seminar once and a while that goes over starting up.

If your looking to only load 30-06 I would recommend getting a smaller, less expensive press and or a decently priced kit that tends to have most of the needed key items to get you started.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply. I have a Lee press set up at this point. Still need the dies for the 30-06, powder, brass, primers, and projectiles. I don't end up with much time to shoot, so I can pretty much take my time getting stuff together. I've always been a 'learn by doing' guy, so I'll try to put some rounds together and see how i do. I may even just junk the first few so i don't blow my eyebrows off :)

I know most don't like to read instructions, but you literally can not mess up reloading if you read your die set's instructions and follow a recipe from a published source.

30-06 takes a broad spectrum of powders so you shouldn't find it too hard to find a good one to start with.

Brass can be a bit spends on larger caliber rounds. I usually recommend buying inexpensive rounds like Remongton core lock and gathering your own through firing those. If not usually 30-06 is more readily available in lesser expensive brass options over the usually easily found more expensive Hornady and Nosler brass.

Bullets are always available in some sort of weight for 30 cal.

Although hunting season is pretty much in full swing so that might affect some store shelves.

Welcome, I live in yUK but spend a lot of time, energy and $$$$$$$$$$$$ in Oregon at least once a year. I reload, but only for eight calibres, and cast bullets for the other three.

I'm happy to talk to anybody in the PNW, being a simple sort of guy.

Best

tac

PS - yes, it IS a Portland Bolt Inc. baseball hat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top