JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a little late on the intro, but I joined about 3 years ago and been lurking around since. have met some great people off this site, and purchased some nice pieces in the last year or so from this site and others. Last year a co-worker asked if I would be interested in buying a gun, it turned out to be a 1955 pre 14 S&W. my 2nd revolver ever purchased (my first was a Dan Wesson .357) back in 75. I've owned primarily rifles and shotguns. but when I took ownership of the pre 14, the collecting bug hit me hard and I figured why not. I live in crazy Portland, but that does not bother me to much b/c most people are easy to get along with, IMO.
I've lived in Alaska, Hawaii, Canada (mostly off grid) and a few other places too, and was able experience different ways of procuring food. shelter,
I've lived in log cabins, caves, tents, an old school bus, cars, boats, or even under a starry night a few times.
If the supreme being asked me if I wanted start all over again? I'd say "no I'm good but thanks anyway"
I could on and on but I don't want to bore anyone, but I love to talk about it. did I mention that I raced sailboats for about 20 years?

Bryce

My first impulse is to joke around, I tend to like most people but most have trouble with my childish sense of humor. :)
In a collectors world he buys what he thinks fits his idea of a collection. Enjoys it and either dies leaving his collections to someone or sells out before he dies. Value isn't important if you intend to die and not sell. Value depends on what the next collector will pay if you intend to sell.

Collections are a fine tradition in guns as it keeps everything well cared for by the folks who like their collections. Treasure obtained from the life and work you do.

Good luck.:)

If I've learned anything in life, it was from my own experiences and/or paying attention to others.
I am a crusty old man that has enjoyed life as best as my station in life allows. I will pass on to the younger folks the collectors moto that every collector uses in his collecting.

"Know whats different"

Every collection is built on that foundation and gaining the knowledge really makes the collector happy. :)

I find myself wishing they had a spot in the forum to talk about collecting. :s0093: I recon most folks collect more than they shoot.:s0140:
Good idea! Why not suggest it to owner @Joe Link and moderator @Andy54Hawken who has a seriously glorious collection of muzzle loaders. It's clear there are a lot of serious collectors in NWFA. But their wisdom is largely unavailable. What they have contributed about collecting is dispersed on other topics so not findable. And I suspect they mostly don't contribute on collecting as much as they might because there's no obvious place for it.

Dang man, that's pretty close to describing me. I'd have to shoot a whole lot more than I do to cycle through the guns I own. I also reload and could easily reload more that I shoot.
I enjoy all of it as much as I can but I am very fascinated by the knowledge people have that collect. Its different for every collector so talking to them is very interesting. Its like a journey back in time with some while others have a technical understanding that exceeds any of my expectations of their knowledge. :)

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Good idea! Why not suggest it to owner @Joe Link and moderator @Andy54Hawken who has a seriously glorious collection of muzzle loaders. It's clear there are a lot of serious collectors in NWFA. But their wisdom is largely unavailable. What they have contributed about collecting is dispersed on other topics so not findable. And I suspect they mostly don't contribute on collecting as much as they might because there's no obvious place for it.
I am too new here to annoy them with suggestions :confused:

The headings say it all - take a look....

'specially BP stuff - Andy and I are heavy into BP stuff.

Handgun Discussion

1. Semi-Automatic Pistols
  2. Revolvers
Threads5.9KMessages103.5K
Help To Identify Mfg. SS 1911 Slide

Rifle Discussion

16086e456af5ed.jpg

1. Semi-Automatic Rifles
  2. Bolt-Action Rifles
  3. Lever-Action Rifles
Threads5.9KMessages91.2K
Build Thread Sharing my SPR Build - Parts list included