JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm new to conceal carry and I am having a problem with pulling my fire arm out (HK vp9) and my holster coming with it (iwb holster) any tips from the experts? I'm also wearing a blade tech ratchet belt.

What type of holster? And what type of mounting system? What position do you carry in? Are the belt loops on your holster sized appropriately to your belt (example 1.5" loops for a 1.5" belt)? Pictures might help. However, I suspect you are probably using a clip system of some sort. Changing over to "pull the dot" soft loops could be all that is needed to solve your problem...assuming your holster allows for the change. It's also possible that your holster retention is too tight. Is retention adjustable on your holster?

Yes, if at all possible post a pic of your carry rig. My first thought was clip system too - clips are notorious for failing and having the holster go with the gun. Pull the dot straps will stop this 9 times out of 10. If your holster is too tight though, it can still be a problem.

Sounds like the holster is too tightly clamped on the firearm compared to the clamping pressure your belt is placing on the holster.

A pulling force on the firearm is going to cause whatever "pulls up" the easiest, to come up. Clearly the foot-lbs of force required to get your gun out of the holster is currently more than the foot-lbs of force it takes to pull the holster with gun in it out of your pasts.

Loosen your holster's grip on the gun slightly until it comes out at your desired effort level.

I sometimes carry a HK VP9 and I use a relatively inexpensive IWB Alien Gear black leather holster. It should not come loose. I do carry an Allen wrench set in my get home bag since over time the plastic straps come loose. More so when it was new than now. I also carry spare holster screw set and an extra pair of clips.

I sometimes carry a HK VP9 and I use a relatively inexpensive IWB Alien Gear black leather holster. It should not come loose. I do carry an Allen wrench set in my get home bag since over time the plastic straps come loose. More so when it was new than now. I also carry spare holster screw set and an extra pair of clips.
Alien Gear stuff looks to be well-made.
Maybe the OP has an El-Cheapo holster with no tension adjustment ?
It might even be a single clip with no tension adjustment.

In any event, not enough info in the OP to make a recommendation other than throw down the $44 for an Alien gear Cloak Tuck.

My holster is made by concealment express here's a link to the website. Heckler & Koch (H&K) VP9 - VP40 IWB KYDEX Holster

The holster does hold onto the belt with a clip. My belt I believe is a 1.5"
It has a tension adjustment.....that's those two screws.
Try loosening the tension and see if that helps.

The single clip style is not going to stay put as well as the full-size, two clip style that I posted above. Also yours is not "tuckable" if that's important to you.....look at your clip and then look at that Alien Gear clip under the above link.
You will see the difference.

Ditch the clip on holster. They do not allow the gun to move with your body which will eventually cause the gun/holster combo to pop loose of the belt. Straps or slotted holsters hold much better, and straps allow the holster to move a bit with your body which may not seem like much but can add a lot to comfort. K-Rounds makes a similar holster to yours but uses snap straps. It is what I carry my pistol in right now when I carry IWB. Bought it cuz I was out of kydex (i prefer to make my own usually) but the K Rounds is top notch. Has tension adjustments and two one way pull the dot snap straps.

definitely worth the money to have a good setup.

I have the basic Alien Gear leather/kydex holster with two steel clips. Belt is an Uncle Mikes reinforced 'instructor' belt

I'm into both for about $60 and it allows me to carry a Beretta 92... Feels like its not even there and holds tight even if I have to run....... Yet when I draw, it's smooth and doesn't move the holster or belt.

Not sure what you're running, but if it can't be adjusted, look into a different setup.

that gun won't do you any good if it gets hung up during the draw.

So I'm new to conceal carry and I am having a problem with pulling my fire arm out (HK vp9) and my holster coming with it (iwb holster) any tips from the experts? I'm also wearing a blade tech ratchet belt.

My holster is made by concealment express here's a link to the website. Heckler & Koch (H&K) VP9 - VP40 IWB KYDEX Holster

The holster does hold onto the belt with a clip. My belt I believe is a 1.5"

doesn't sound like the clip is really holding onto the belt. Single clip holsters don't work for strong-side IWB carry they are not stable and rotate as you move, you need a quality holster.

Crossbreed makes one for your gun excellent quality and comfort make certain you pay the extra $7 bucks for the "combat cut"...

SuperTuck® Deluxe

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads