JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haha there is no jail break. I adjusted my resmed and my new machine. The nurse showed me how to turn it up. All the other adjustments can be adjusted through your personal settings.

I'm not sure you can adjust your own unit.
But anyways. I start at 4 and my pressure is 14 I think. I found that a full mask is best. Mine has memory foam on the edges.
I LOVE MY MACHINE.

I googled my machine and turned the pressure up. I like it much better with the higher pressure.
Not always the best thing to do.

I'd recommend making an appointment with your provider. Take the machine with you. Demonstrate and discuss exactly what's working for you and what's not. They can help adjust it for efficiency and comfort. Certainly worth a co-pay to get some decent sleep (and save your sanity/life).
This is the best route. Not saying you shouldn't take your life into your own hands, but this is being your own advocate.

On this subject, remember (whether you've figured out how to adjust your own settings or not), CPAP is controlled as doctor prescribed equipment. Not kidding.

Imagine going on vacation somewhere distant/inconvenient and the thin membrane air seal on your mask fails - blowing air everywhere - but not into your lungs. In order to replace it, even just the silicone face mask insert, you will need to show a prescription and hope there is a supplier nearby with the part you need. Sound like a huge PITA? Trust me, it is.

Old masks and inserts are great keepers as emergency spare parts.

On this subject, remember (whether you've figured out how to adjust your own settings or not), CPAP is controlled as doctor prescribed equipment. Not kidding.

Imagine going on vacation somewhere distant/inconvenient and the thin membrane air seal on your mask fails - blowing air everywhere - but not into your lungs. In order to replace it, even just the silicone face mask insert, you will need to show a prescription and hope there is a supplier nearby with the part you need. Sound like a huge PITA? Trust me, it is.

Old masks and inserts are great keepers as emergency spare parts.
Been down that road
And it's scary
I won't EVER sleep without my machine now.
As a side note. After years of cpap use, your tongue and upper throat muscles get weak. Which means if you sleep without the machine your apnea is much worse. And that means you won't be sleeping at all that night.

Been down that road
And it's scary
I won't EVER sleep without my machine now.
As a side note. After years of cpap use, your tongue and upper throat muscles get weak. Which means if you sleep without the machine your apnea is much worse. And that means you won't be sleeping at all that night.
Grab a bunch of pillows and try a nap wedged comfortably semi-upright in a recliner. In a post-electricity survival situation, that might work (unless your recliner is electric... DOH!!!).

What everybody said about working with the the sleep study folks, also have them try fitting you with a few different masks to find out which is the most comfortable.

If you are using a nasal only mask get a second full face mask. The reason is that you will eventually get a cold or have an allergy that will stuff up your nasal passages. This will let you breath through your mouth so you can sleep when you are sick.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top