JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going to take up bow hunting for next year and I am looking at different bow to try and figure out which one to buy. I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good womens bow. I have looked at Bowtech diamond razors, and I have heard good things about them. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

While I do love my Bowtech and would highly recomend them some other brands to look at would be Matthews, PSE, or Martin. There are other but those are the one I have experiance with.

Mathews is my choice. I hunt with a Mathews Prestige Camo. Great bow can be adjusted down to 55lbs and up to 70lbs. Very accurate. Bow tech does make some nice bows, just not at the level of Mathews IMO.

Bowtech in my opinion is bottom of the line. I know that in the Pacific Northwest, from what I have seen, everybody loves them. In my opinon, if you want a great bow, go with either a Mathews or Hoyt. A little more spendy but in MY opinion the very best bow you can shoot.

Jack

Jack not to hijack this thread but have you shot many bowtechs I know my tribute is a few years old but I would but the quiality up against anything out there. I have owned Hoyts and my brother has a Mathews and I would not trade my Tribute for either.

I have heard that Bowtechs do compare with the more expensive brands. I looked into the Matthews Passion and not only is it not available it is way more than I want to pay for a starter bow. Maybe later down the road if I want to keep bow hunting and do only that then maybe I will invest in a "better" brand. I currently rifle hunt for everything, so I still have that option if I dont like the bow hunts. I just cant stomach spending over 900 on my first bow and then not liking it. Thanks for all the advice, but I was hoping to hear from someone that had the specific bow I am looking at.:)

While I do love my Bowtech and would highly recomend them some other brands to look at would be Matthews, PSE, or Martin. There are other but those are the one I have experiance with.

My husband has a PSE but in your opinion which is better. He has been out of bow hunting for a long time and a friend gave him a new PSE nova. So he isn't real sure which brand to get for me. There are very few companies out there that make bows for women, and if they do they are usually bright pink. Not my cup of tea.

Parsons,

No I haven't shot many Bowtech's but I have shot three of them and I personally didn't like them. I have owned both Mathew's and Hoyt, Loved both of them.

Like I said in my previous post that is just MY opinion.

TheLews,

If you are just starting out getting into bow hunting then buy yourself something thats used and fits you well, and if you can shoot it then you have a keeper. Later on in life if you decide you like to bow hunt go ahead and upgrade if you want. Opinions are like A$$ holes everyone has one. Just remember that you have to shoot the bow, noone else does. So get what you like.....

My husband has a PSE but in your opinion which is better. He has been out of bow hunting for a long time and a friend gave him a new PSE nova. So he isn't real sure which brand to get for me. There are very few companies out there that make bows for women, and if they do they are usually bright pink. Not my cup of tea.

First and foremost, it comes down to what fits and feels best to you. After that the price range. While a company may have excellent bows at x price point, they may be sub-par to another company at y price point.

One of my favorite bows was a PSE. I forget the model but it was a upper end rocket of a bow (super short brace height single cam). Mathews is the one bow that I am determined to own someday. I think their technology and craftsmanship is incredible. You may not like them though.

There are a lot of female archers on this forum - http://www.archerytalk.com/
Poke your head in and see what they like to shoot! Lots of great reviews and also used bows for sale.

the BEST thing for you to do is take a few hrs & go to a pro shop... most will let you shoot the bow and get a feel for it and your draw poundage ... comfort is king when it comes to shooting a bow... if it don't fit that 1000 bow is just a spendy mistake.... my personal bow right now is made over in idaho by a company called Alpine. ... Don

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top