JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Caps.
We had a fort.
There was about six of us on the Big Firecracker Project.
It was a 30-06 shell, a fuse and caps torn out of the roll and stuffed.
Multi-day project to tear out and tamp the cap buttons into the 06 shell.
There was 4 of the crew working on the Secret Project when it went off.
4 boys to the ER for shrapnel removal.
Nothin' serious.....
John got some in the a$$....he never lived that down.

:)

Tracking shows the rifle arrived at the gun shop a little while ago. I haven't heard from them yet, so I'll plan to go into town tomorrow and pick it up.

I picked it up earlier. The barrel from the muzzle back about six inches was covered with something shiny and sticky like soda pop. So I took a semi wet cloth to it and it disappeared. The finish is a bit uneven, parts of it are darker and almost look like there's oil on those areas although they're dry. Kind of like Parkerizing after oiling until it dries in. Anyway I don't care as long as stuff doesn't rust. I figure after a few rounds and a number of cleanings it will even out one way or another.
Obligatory, but bad pics. I'll try to do better for the range and mag check out.

DSCN0199.JPG DSCN0200.JPG

I picked it up earlier. The barrel from the muzzle back about six inches was covered with something shiny and sticky like soda pop. So I took a semi wet cloth to it and it disappeared. The finish is a bit uneven, parts of it are darker and almost look like there's oil on those areas although they're dry. Kind of like Parkerizing after oiling until it dries in. Anyway I don't care as long as stuff doesn't rust. I figure after a few rounds and a number of cleanings it will even out one way or another.
Obligatory, but bad pics. I'll try to do better for the range and mag check out.

View attachment 376572 View attachment 376573

Enjoy my friend it's official your now part of a financially broke club!!:D

View attachment 376572 View attachment 376573

:s0155: some might see it for what it is.. a very good and capable tool, ready and able to give a lifetime of service as is. Keep it clean, feed it healthy ammo, and give it a nice coat of oil on occasion, and your good to go.

I see a beautiful canvas.. so much potential!:D

Bummer. Stuff to do here at the house so it will be Monday. I refuse to go to any range on weekends, far too many newbies with guns. :eek:

Well, after Colt, Windham Weaponry, Wilson, and Noveske, I'd say a 100% unmodified S&W M&P15. Those were the #1 selling AR15 of 2016. Smith & Wesson is just as well known as Colt, maybe even more. The M&P has a thicker barrel unlike alot of the barrels on the market right now. I think Palmetto will become more famous as time goes by, they make decent stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top