JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a 67 Ford F250. that weighs in around 4500 lb tell you what shoot and arrow at a target, or?
Lets this beasty take a run at it and see whats left.

I will never understand the level of stupidity, not being arrogant, but damn people just can't be this f-king stupid?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have a 67 Ford F250. that weighs in around 4500 lb tell you what shoot and arrow at a target, or?
Lets this beasty take a run at it and see whats left.

I will never understand the level of stupidity, not being arrogant, but damn people just can't be this f-king stupid?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yes they can. And they are.

Washington describes bow and muzzleloader seasons as "primitive" weapons seasons. Thats why no scopes or 209 primers on muzzleloaders. Used to be no mechanical broadheads or aluminocks too.
oregon finally is letting us hunt with lighted nocks! i think as of a couple years ago.

makes recovering an arrow a LOT easier. especially when target practicing and your arrow skips off a rock, makes a 90* turn and flys over a creek. i found it when it was dark out!

i have a bowtech admiral,trueglow 5arrow quiver, tommy hogg 5pin sight...can drop the sight down and shoot out to 130yrds(would not shoot this far at an animal), gold tip xt hunters with blazer vanes that i glue on mysef and 100gr sportsmans warehouse brand field tips for practice and 100gr g5 montecs for hunting. i use a trufire hardcore max hook release.

no need for stabilizer on the bow.

29" draw. 63lbs draw weight. Arrows weigh 379gr and are leaving the bow at 303fps.

its fun going to 3D shoots. back when i was practicing religiously i actually won a few shoots against guys with purpose built target bows and a TV antenna lookin stabilizer on them:rolleyes:. raised a few eyebrows with my ol' huntin bow:D

What kind of bow? Recurve?, Wheelie?

We dont do those fancy wheel driven toys, Just a stick and a string.

My fav is the Martin Venom

Bought the bow, got this poster in the box. Buy local

2612cc_large.jpg

I've been offered a bow for to good to pass up.

It's an older compound but looks pretty nice.

Might need to upgrade the sights and take it to be fitted to me, then spend a bunch of time practicing this coming year.

Easy thread.

Have a line on some private property for elk next year.

I've shot multiple kinds of bows in my life but it was a long time ago.

Mostly I would like recommendations on what bow to buy (tree stand hunting) make and model would be nice. Not made of money so a good quality to cost ratio would be nice;).

Anything special I should plan on buying besides a bow and some arrows, target to practice on?

Thanks to all the knowledgeable people out there!!!

Hey Joe,

I have a Bear White Tail-II that I bought in the late 80's/early 90's that you can have for free. It still has the original string on it, so that would need replacement! I ALMOST took a black tail, and I ALMOST took an elk with it... the one season I hunted with it... LOL.

If you want it I'll bring it up this Saturday and leave with @SKrueger if you're not around. ;)

Last Edited:
When i bought my bow I went to a bow shop to get measured, and try out some bows. I ended up buying a last years model but new in a box Bear ready to hunt package.
I think total it was about $430-450
Came with everything I needed, even an extra quiver and a hat!

It's not the top of the line but it works.
I didn't want to drop $1000 or more on something I wasn't sure about.
I like just shooting arrows though. It's just as fun as shooting a rifle, and after the initial investment it's cheap!

I thought in WA you could use a crossbow you just had to use it in modern firearm season?

Hey Joe,

I have a Bear White Tail-II that I bought in the late 80's/early 90's that you can have for free. It still has the original string on it, so that would need replacement! I ALMOST took a back tail, and I ALMOST took an elk with it... the one season I hunted with it... LOL.

If you want it I'll bring it up this Saturday and leave with @SKrueger if you're not around. ;)

That is so nice of you to bring me a bow since Joe already found one!:D

Congratulations and good luck next season. Get your draw checked and your bow tuned. Poundage can be increased too over time if needed. Also if you ever find yourself traveling south the Bowrack in Springfield is worth taking your bow in for a tune too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top