JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Up early this morning to purchase a Tikka T3 lite stainless in 30-06 from a fellow Idahoan. $500, I couldn't pass it up. Been wanting one for some time now. Will post pics when I get it scoped up with my Vortex 4x12 Diamondback.
20211204_142731.jpg

Last Edited:
You sure you want to do that? They are kinda a boring rifle. The stock is plastic so you can't cry when you scratch it. The stainless does not rust so you have no excuse to clean it each night after hunting. They are inherently accurate so you can't spend a lot of time trying to improve hand loads. I could go on.

If you were not aware, the best modification is the Limbsaver recoil pad. Both our 30-06 T3's have them. It tames the recoil immensely to a shove into your shoulder.

The best mod is to put a Bell&Carlson stock ( it comes with Limbsaver ) on it get rid of the Lego stock and get some DNZ Game reaper rings . They also have an extended mag from the factory on my 338 wm I believe it gives me one more round .

Last Edited:
You sure you want to do that? They are kinda a boring rifle. The stock is plastic so you can't cry when you scratch it. The stainless does not rust so you have no excuse to clean it each night after hunting. They are inherently accurate so you can't spend a lot of time trying to improve hand loads. I could go on.

If you were not aware, the best modification is the Limbsaver recoil pad. Both our 30-06 T3's have them. It tames the recoil immensely to a shove into your shoulder.
It actually came with a Limbsaver pad. I'm loving the boring look.

The best mod is to put a Bell&Carlson stock ( it comes with Limbsaver ) on it get rid of the Lego stock and get some DNZ Game reaper rings . They also have an extended mag from the factory on my 338 wm I believe it gives me one more round .
I'm done with heavy aftermarket stocks that do nothing for me, extended mags and goofy rings. I bought a set of Talleys, scrubbed the entire rifle including taking apart the bolt/firing pin assembly through on the Vortex 4x12 and she's ready to test some handloads.

I'm done with heavy aftermarket stocks that do nothing for me, extended mags and goofy rings. I bought a set of Talleys, scrubbed the entire rifle including taking apart the bolt/firing pin assembly through on the Vortex 4x12 and she's ready to test some handloads.
What can I say the goofy heavy junk works for me !

I ended up putting a Manners carbon fiber stock on my superlight 30-06, made a world of difference in how it handles.

For factory loads, the Buffalo Bore 168gr TTSX loading is super accurate.

I've worked up some loads with the 160gr Hammer Hunter bullet and Superformance that absolutely cook, and kill everything DRT.

20211204_140221.jpg

I ended up putting a Manners carbon fiber stock on my superlight 30-06, made a world of difference in how it handles.

I've worked up some loads with the 160gr Hammer Hunter bullet and Superformance that absolutely cook, and kill everything DRT.

View attachment 1082772
The stock makes all the difference but what do I know about ditching the aluminum recoil lug and going with a stock with a chassis inside lol . That is a sweet set up for sure very clean looking . 424DA4B8-A56D-4122-881D-DA319D665D85.jpeg

Last Edited:

View attachment 1082772
I have replaced all but one of my Tikka's stocks and just wish it to stay at 6lbs but it a real mule in 338 WM.
full.jpg

I just loaded up 28 rounds of 150 grain Hornaday fmjbt. Half on the lite load and the other half one grain from max which is 3,096 fps. I'll head out soon and see what groups I get out of those and I will shoot a few of the Federal TLR 175 grain I bought for hunting.

I hear lots of people complaining about the recoil of the Tikkas, I went out and put 20 rounds through mine of various handloads and it didn't bother me at all.

Yeah, s'all true! Tikkas are boring as HELL! :D;)

903868E3-4641-44AB-8A64-661DEB64D540.jpeg FE062914-F161-4727-91AF-0A5433FFB9A0.jpeg

I haven't shot it for about 2-yrs now….. DAM, does time fly!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top