JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Id like to propose a new thread section for Rallys, Protests, ( not events though).
Seems each year people get together and work on some sort of gathering to protect our rights.
Problem is and I see it right now is the forum is these ideas and thoughts for Rallys and Protest are all over the place. I know there is legal and a few others but really with such a serious topic it would seem we need a clear simple place for these to be posted and only those items posted.
I say not events because what happens is people start posting gunshows and trainings and before you notice its all gobbed up. If one does a search on rally's we will find them all over going back years.
Would be nice if it had its own clear thread I know there are allot of topics already on the board and great thought goes into them, but really if we took every single topic thread and looked at it.......whats missing ? A place to have activists post rallys and protest. Maybe this was not needed in years past and I know Joe Link you don't want to do lobby work as you mentioned in a previous post on the board. But then should we not give people a place to post there own need to be active? That way every Town, county and WA OR capital can get the word fast and now.
We have allot of fun enjoyable places on the forum, but not really is one directed at being proactive in our actions. I for one find it impossible to keep track of whats going on and the talk of the town is buzzing but its on many places and not clear or concise in nature.

Thanks my two sense.

DH

I absolutely agree, this is one of the main reasons I started NWFA. That is the purpose of the
Events & Get Togethers section. We try to keep sections to a minimum for performance and organization purposes, but I understand what you're saying about the real important stuff getting lost in the shuffle. What if we were to create custom prefixes for that section which would highlight the rallies and protests?

We also need to overhaul our calendar system and find a way to add upcoming events to our weekly newsletter.

Upvote 0
I absolutely agree, this is one of the main reasons I started NWFA. That is the purpose of the
Events & Get Togethers section. We try to keep sections to a minimum for performance and organization purposes, but I understand what you're saying about the real important stuff getting lost in the shuffle. What if we were to create custom prefixes for that section which would highlight the rallies and protests?
We also need to overhaul our calendar system and find a way to add upcoming events to our weekly newsletter.

I think prefixes are a good idea, like the ones for questions etc, my only concern is LOL people still have a hard time figuring out how to post pictures would they use that resource. I get exactly what you are saying and prefixes are a nice addon. But for me it seems simplicity will yield the best results. A thread topic called rallies and protests people would know what its for, easy to use and nothing to learn and maybe could use a prefix in there, but my brain is stuck on " hey look at our section in your face rallies and protest right here kinda thing. Prefixes in my head why look cool don't give in my opinion that wow in your face this is what we stand for . Joe it also makes me wonder if Antis would take the group even more serious then they do if they knew members had an active role and a specific means to do it and were doing something.

I love analogizes so please bare with me.
On one hand with prefixes we would have hey guys hey look at whats going on we are doing something special here so come on over and look.
And on the other you have a thread Called Rallied and Protest, and it says hey were not just a firearms discussion site we stand behind something and right here is where the buck stops so look in here and see where you and we get involved.

Its just hit me today seeing all these new rallies planned and I went ok were was that at oh ya and what was that one and before I knew I was lost and went and watched the Seattle game.
( that they lost :()

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top