JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to be Taurus basher here, but I really don't trust their metal frame guns to hold up. I am not going to trust my life with a polymer version. Working as a gunsmith and gun salesman for several years, I have seen too many Taurus revolvers that need to go back to the factory before they can even be put out on the shelves. Not to mention the warranty returns.

I believe Taurus is trying to improve their quality control, and I recognize that they have taken great strides in that direction over the last decade. I also understand every manufacturer has lemons. But Taurus still has a higher percentage than any other manufacturer I've either sold or repaired. If they continue on their trend of improving, they might be acceptable in a few years. But they're not there yet. And a gun that I'm going to carry for personal protection cannot be suspect.

I know I come off like a snob, but hopefully I did so in a way that was diplomatic. As range guns, I have no issue with Taurus. If a gun breaks at the range, okay. It sucks, but the worse case scenario, I miss shooting it for a few days. After all, Taurus's customer service has an excellent reputation/warranty. But if this is the only gun I have to protect myself and it breaks while practicing, I may not have a carry gun for a period of time. Or worse, it breaks when I need it to defend myself.

Just my .02$. No flaming please... ;)

Lots of people wouldn't trust a taurus. Basically a cheap version of S&W or Beretta, But I've never heard anyone who's had one that had any problems.

I always thought revolvers were kinda fool proof, but I may be wrong. Haven't had much experience shooting them.

Interesting I was looking at some Tarus 357's today after work and while they were steel frames I wasn't real impressed.

This one is about an once lighter then my alloy frame .44spl Charter Arms Bull dog pug which is 19oz. So the polymer doesn't save much over an alloy frame.

Personally I'm leaning very heavily towards the Charter Arms Undercover in 38+P which with it's Alloy frame weighs in at only 16oz. Granted it is a full exposed hammer. For those who want a shrouded hammer the Undercover light at only 12oz might be a choice.

if it were much cheaper, i would consider it. But when its in the same price range as the LCR and S&W j-frames, I will always go with Ruger and S&W, over 2nd tier companies like Taurus and Charter Arms. I'm all for underdog gun companies, I love when they come out of no where and deliver a product that blows everyone away, at half the price. But I have seen SOOOOO many Taurus and Charter and Rossi revolvers crap out, I would never use one as more than a range toy.

Lots of people wouldn't trust a taurus. Basically a cheap version of S&W or Beretta, But I've never heard anyone who's had one that had any problems.

I always thought revolvers were kinda fool proof, but I may be wrong. Haven't had much experience shooting them.

I have had a model 82 for about 5 years now and love the heck out of it. It is strong and reliable. Honestly I wouldn't hesitate to buy a polymer frame firearm. It's not like this is new technology.

I cracked the frame on one of the large caliber guns (personal gun). I've also sent back at least five (from the shop I work in) over the last 8 months. They were broken straight from the factory. The majority were mis-fit cylinder stops. They would not lock the cylinder and allowed it to free spin. Another issue was a cylinder that had too much endshake and the timing ratchet was gouging the recoil shield. These are all issues I've had in person. They are not second hand knowledge.

It looks interesting but needs to be considerably less expensive for me take a real interest in it. Assuming it can/will be less expensive, I'd still wait to let other, more daring people to try it out and testify.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top