JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all. I have a brand new .357 and have an issue with it. The cylinder sticks on occasion; I am fireing away and the hammer won't arm. The cylinder won't move until I move it back or open it and close it. Its like the rounds are being pushed back in it. I have only put 10 rounds of .357 feseral classic 158 gr. lswc and about 50 rounds of winchester .38 special 130 gr fmj through it. Is their a break in period or do I need to send it back to Taurus?

Rodney

I would check to see if the bullets are bumping out of the cases and causing drag.. I had a .45 acp that would do that with certain ammo. I would contact taurus all the same though, your gun should fire everytime regardless of any break in period.

I doubt it was the rounds. It was happening with .38's, which are a whole 10th of an inch shorter than what the cylinder is designed for, .357's. Just inexpensive winchester white box from walmart (if you can call $34 for 100 rounds inexpensive).... it is like the cylinder is getting pushed back against the advance lock.

Rodney
'

Not sure how it is built but make sure the cylinder extractor rod and extractor is screwed together completely. Had this issue with a S&W once.

It's a Taurus....I have seen about 10 of them do this in the last year. Lifetime warrenty. Dont even mess with it, send it in.

From what I can tell when fired the cylinder pushes back slightly, locking the bolt in place. In return the hand cannot push the ratchet properly because the bolt is still stuck in the cylinder.

Update: I sent it in through the store I got it from; they got it in fue mail on the 30th of August. I got it back on the 14th of September. They found a number of issues and fixed them. Cylinder too tight, forcing cone too small, and cylinder face rubbing front. They fixed it and cleaned it up and shipped it back via fedex right to me. They originally said it would take six weeks. Less than two when you don't count shipping and weekends. I've always heard bad things about Taurus, but that's not my experience.

Rodney

I've always heard bad things about Taurus
yes there are some lemons in the world but 90% of what youve heard is from internet parrots.

eg. anyone looking at ak-47's hears nothing but crap about century arms wasr's..I offer to buy every WASR AK47 you got for $250 since they are just craaaaap. EVERY single person bad mouthing replies the exact same way.....I wouldnt buy one of those pieces of crap....obviously they are INTERNET PARROTS......when infact their newer guns are fantastic shooters..

how bad can taurus really be with a lifetime transferable warranty? Seroiusly!, they also sell military and police weapons all over the world ????
additionally when companies like taurus & century arms sell the least expensive comparable weapons it stands to reason they have more weapons out there being used , therefore your going to hear about a few more taurus and wasr's with issues. but then again with many more people using them wouldnt there be a chance there are more boneheads that own them and not all the issues can be attributed to manufacturers??

yes there are some lemons in the world but 90% of what youve heard is from internet parrots.

eg. anyone looking at ak-47's hears nothing but crap about century arms wasr's..I offer to buy every WASR AK47 you got for $250 since they are just craaaaap. EVERY single person bad mouthing replies the exact same way.....I wouldnt buy one of those pieces of crap....obviously they are INTERNET PARROTS......when infact their newer guns are fantastic shooters..

how bad can taurus really be with a lifetime transferable warranty? Seroiusly!, they also sell military and police weapons all over the world ????
additionally when companies like taurus & century arms sell the least expensive comparable weapons it stands to reason they have more weapons out there being used , therefore your going to hear about a few more taurus and wasr's with issues. but then again with many more people using them wouldnt there be a chance there are more boneheads that own them and not all the issues can be attributed to manufacturers??

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Taurus has a high return rate, but they seem to fix them. I just wish they had a little better inspection dept before they left the factory.

And what I mean by high? In 5 years I have looked at about 100 of them with problems, and Taurus has taken care of all of them. I'm not one to bash them, but I would be hesitant in using one for personal protection.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top