JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good to find there are more people like me in the NW. I was beginning to wonder. Why is it that criminals seem to find only unarmed victims? I'm sure freedom loving folks would've changed the outcome of that "wilding spree".

Let me tell you a little about me. I am a disabled vet. I served in the Air Force as a security police officer during the Viet Nam games; then I transfered to the Army into nuclear artillery, then went in to intelligence. This was during the last days of the Cold War. I have to say, that this latest development in Georgia was no surprise. We ain't seen nothin' yet. Russia's ultimate goal: Israel. Keep your eyes on what Turkey does. It will shift its alliance to Russia/Persia. What does that have to do with our 2nd Ammendment rights? I think you know.

Let me tell you a little about me. I am a disabled vet. I served in the Air Force as a security police officer during the Viet Nam games; then I transfered to the Army into nuclear artillery, then went in to intelligence. This was during the last days of the Cold War. I have to say, that this latest development in Georgia was no surprise. We ain't seen nothin' yet. Russia's ultimate goal: Israel. Keep your eyes on what Turkey does. It will shift its alliance to Russia/Persia. What does that have to do with our 2nd Ammendment rights? I think you know.

I'd like to THINK I know, but I dont. Maybe it's early and I cant connect the dots, but I'd be interested in an explanation.

It is early to connect the dots, but as I see it, Russia is returning to its Soviet agenda, the UN wants to disarm private citizens all over the world, including the US. Remember what took place after Katrina? Police and National Guard thugs went in and disarmed law-abiding citizens. Many are still waiting to get their guns back, even after the NRA lawsuit. The government is sounding the alarm that there may be terrorists in the US. "Lets take away their ability to harm Americans", so they make it increasingly difficult to aquire firearms. Notice what Kalifornia is trying to do? All ammunition sold must have serial numbers on bullets, tax all sales of ammo, outlaw ordinary firearms, claiming they are machineguns, etc. Some other states like Illinois are making it darn near impossible to own guns. Even after the US Supreme Court overturned the law in D.C. banning handguns, the city is looking for ways to circumvent the decision. Somehow, it seems that these things are linked. It all boils down to a one world government. Private gun ownership would threaten that. Take for instance, the coming North American Union. No borders. What do you think will happen to the U.S. Constitution? Austa la viesta, baby! Then, there's the European Union. Now, there's talk of an African Union. And I'm sure you've heard of the recent formation of the Mediterainian Union. The nation-states are dying out, and eventually, a one world leader will dictate over all the emerging Unions. There's alot more to it, but there picture still seems nebulous. Hope that helped some.

Definitely an interesting take on recent events. I am not particularly concerned with the UN taking my guns away because as evidenced by the Iraq invasion, the US only goes along with the UN when it suits our interests anyway. Granted, a lot of that can be attributed to Bush, but even Obama wouldnt comply with the UN on that because with 294 million gun owners in the US, it would be akin to crucifying the Democratic party for generations. The ownership of guns is central to the "American identity" which began way back when. Guns are a symbol of individualism and freedom because of how the country was born. Freedom wasnt given, but was taken. Those ideas are so built into our culture that I dont see guns going anywhere. They might take away anything that has more than 10 shots but the 1911 is here to stay!

In retrospect that may have made me sound like a raging conservative but I consider myself an independent and will be voting for Obama in November.

With all due respect (and I mean that), that's just what the Austrailians believed. They were like us, cowboys to the max; then the UN convinced their gov't that there was no need for private ownership...Briton, too. Even the UK cops have to leave the counrty to practice with their firearms. Now that's dumb! It doesn't seem possible, and I hope you're right, but mark my words...if Obama wins, he will pursue the same gun laws for the country has he did for Illinois. He is the most rabid gun grabber since Barbara Boxer. Personally, I'm sick of all the lames who are running. I too, am conservative in some ways, moderate on others. I was thinking Chuck Baldwin (Constitution Party), but he sounds anti-semitic, and I just don't think anyone stands a chance against Obama and McCain. I watch the GOA website for alerts on gun law battles. If things get dicey, BATF (bury all thy firearms)!

If Ron Paul's campaign had not been so inept, we might have a chance at an American president who not only isnt a crooked moron, but one who doesnt view the constitution as an antiquated tradition with no modern merit. Too bad.

Fact is, Obama will win. It's pretty much in the bag thanks to George Bush being the worst president in American history. Realistically though, even with Obama in the White House, he would never get enough congressional support to do any kind of legislation like that in Australia or the UK. Granted, not having congressional support never stopped Bush, but I'd like to think Obama will put his efforts to making an actual difference in the country. He may turn out to be the second lamest of all the ducks, but only time will tell.

Well, Zhivago, I hope you're right, my friend...Maybe we'll see a congress that becomes more balanced. I think you're right about Obama winning. Either way, I think it's time to hunker down.
And to you, Joey, if there's one thing I've learned in this life, is that everybody's opinion deserves consideration...and respect. In the end, we, as Americans will figure a way out of this mess...we always have, God willing.

When it comes down to it, anyone who is planning on being alive in the next couple decades is pretty much screwed no matter how you look at it. Either World War III kills us all, global warming kills us all, zombie apocalypse scenario kills us all...one way or another, the next 50 years are looking to be quite a bit less appealing that the last 50 years.

Definitely an interesting take on recent events. I am not particularly concerned with the UN taking my guns away because as evidenced by the Iraq invasion, the US only goes along with the UN when it suits our interests anyway. Granted, a lot of that can be attributed to Bush, but even Obama wouldnt comply with the UN on that because with 294 million gun owners in the US, it would be akin to crucifying the Democratic party for generations. The ownership of guns is central to the "American identity" which began way back when. Guns are a symbol of individualism and freedom because of how the country was born. Freedom wasnt given, but was taken. Those ideas are so built into our culture that I dont see guns going anywhere. They might take away anything that has more than 10 shots but the 1911 is here to stay!

In retrospect that may have made me sound like a raging conservative but I consider myself an independent and will be voting for Obama in November.
You best start worring about the U.N., The osha farce that would have stopped the shippment and sales of all ammo was a u.n. pushed idea that dam near snuck in as a O.S.H.A. regulation You would have still had gun ownership but no ammo Don't be so niave about obama he really does not care about the 294 million gun owners because he knows that their vote can be bought with the promise of something else ( universal medical care,guaranteed education, etc. etc. ) Gun owners may be just that the type that has one somewere but hasn't shot it in 20 years and could care less about it in short they dont vote their gun rights.and from your post you are one of those that is too blind to see the threat he will be to you and your gun rights. I see it is o.k.with you to confiscate those with more than 10 rounds as long as you get to keep your 1911. well i think that it should be no more 6 rounds and no semi autos allowed (and you know that semi auto translates to assault weapon) after all i get to keep my revolver. Wait a minute on second thought only single shots should be allowed after all that leaves me a contender or a handi rifle.

You can make legitimate arguments for regulation at any level. I might be "blind" and "naive" about Obama, but I am realistic. He is, in all probability, likely to win. I dont know what your political viewpoint is, but you are coming across to me as one of those "if the gov'ment tries to takes my guns, they'll pry 'em from my cold dead fingers" type. And if that works for you...have at it. But that is fantasy land. EVERYTHING is a compromise. Will all guns and ammo be banned? No. Will the AWB make another appearance? Maybe. Do you have any choice whatsoever in the matter? Not in the slightest.

Do I CARE if my Constitutional rights are infringed? Yes, very much so. But I wont be standing by your side, mowing down federal agents as they storm our houses to seize our stockpiles of weapons and cart us off work camps. But then again, I wont have to because I'm not naive enough to convince myself that the government is against me and that we live with Big Brother looking over our shoulder. Maybe some day it will come to that, but for now...be realistic. Like I said, EVERYTHING is a compromise. That is the biggest problem with our two party system. So in order for the left hand to get something that radical, it has to give something radical to the right hand. And why do I KNOW that will never actually happen? Because our government is so pitifully ineffective, it cant even keep it's own affairs in order. It is handicapped by being CAPABLE of making such huge change in the country and the world that it DOES NOT do anything because it cant do EVERYTHING. Welcome to America, it's not as great as everyone would like to think it is.

Well, we're into July '09, and my fears about Obama were confirmed. I just can't figure why people thought he would be a good pres. Looking back over the thread, I was right about Turkey losing interest in EU membership. It will join a confederacy with Iran, Russia, and northern African nations, and attack Israel for their recent and future wealth of gas and maybe oil.:(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top