JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some dealers will let you pay a deposit. From what I am seeing lately, and I am not an expert, it is looking like 6 months for a individual form 4 is very realistic. Maybe even 4 months but I am going to keep telling myself 6 and be happily surprised if it is faster.

For me, it's not the stamp, it's the wait. It's hard for me to plunk down $800-$1500 for something and wait a year or more. Ludicrous. Would I do it if I could put down a deposit?....sure. I'd pay it off before the wait was over most probably.
Need cans rated for .300 win mag, .22lr and maybe 50BMG rifle
Then a 45 can for my HD gun, maybe a second can upto 45, and of course a .22.
I suppose I could live with 3. Again, pay and wait annoys me so much I buy guns and ammo instead:mad:

I do have one question though. How do I thread the barrel of a 454 Casull and what can would you recommend? Seen it done in the movies so with new tech out there......
Purchasing with Easy Pay - Capitol Armory

I have not utilized this service but it might make it easier for some people to get past the wait. Which on a Form 4 indiviual I think is down to 6 months in some cases.

In this, I have to disagree! A suppressor is nothing more then a car muffler, yet you don't need to pay the Gooberment a tax and suffer a waiting period to make a trip to the muffler shop to get one replaced, RIGHT! Same thing, only some tool in Gooberment decided that Hollywood "facts" were true life, and there fore too good for you and I to own with out heavy handed GOOBERMENT regulation, and a TAX, and worse, DRACONIAN penalties against you for what? A simple device! Unlike a NFA firearm, a suppressor in and of it's self is not a tool, it's a function, it dose nothing to or for a firearm, It cannot hurt any one, it is not a weapon, it only helps quite one, same as your cars exhaust, so the right to own one is subject to the current whims of said gov. as a form of infringement!
As far as a BCG to purchase, NO WAY, It's not a firearm, therefor, not subject to any regulation of! While your idea may sound well meaning, you are in effect advocating your rights being infringed upon for a simple device no different then a stock, or a forend, or a set of grips, or a bolt knob, or a scope! That's how suppressors SHOULD be treated! And we don't wanna give one more inch to the DAMN Libs and the antis, they already have taken WAY WAY WAY to much from you and I, NO MORE!

Not calling you out here, don't take any of this personal, just know that every inch you give, a mile will they take!
I agree with everything you said. I was just saying it would be better than the way it is currently. You're 100% correct, we give em an inch they take all they can.
As far as taking it personally, not in the least.
:)I

17 Silencers later...yeah.
Wow I fell conservative with only 5 stamps.

The situation in Europe where they are just a muzzle device AND affordable is annoying, but it is what is it. It helped me to think of it akin to commercial drivers license. I want to drive a big rig, I have to pay extra. May not be totally sound, but it makes me feel better

As for POI shift, personally I zero with the can on and off the rifle and note the difference. In my experience, a quality can will have the same POI shift every time. Muzzle thread concentricity (how true the threads are to the bore of the rifle) is vital, I had a Noveske barrel that was crap. It had a runout of .030, and ended up with a strike on the end cap of my can. Noveske was less then responsive. Luckily my manufacture, Suppressed Armament Systems was very cool about it and took care of me. Since the can was repaired and the threads trued, the rifle shoots great.

In spite of the above experience, mufflers for guns are great. If you are lucky enough to shoot when everyone on the line has a can you will understand why they are worth the cost and wait.

My 2 cents.

Don't ever, ever buy a silencer/suppressor. One is not enough, two is just practice. Moar is better! I've got three, just filed a Form 3 on a fourth. It's bad I tell you (sniff sniff). Don't go down that dead end road (wipes nose with back of hand)! ;)

All the reasons mentioned is why I form 1 my all NFA stuff. There as good or better then factory stuff with all the improvements in parts available and I get the satisfaction of doing stuff myself. For a SBR its just a matter of putting a serial # on a receiver. The govt just wants your money. Its ridiculous the rules we have here. I have some British friends who tell me you just walk in and buy them over there. Everybody has them. That's in a country with severe gun laws. Go figure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top