JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"In the second stage, a special joint committee of Congress would recommend further deficit reduction steps totaling $1.5 trillion or more, with Congress obligated to vote on the panel's proposals by the end of the year.

The committee would comprise 12 members: Six from each chamber, equally divided between Democrats and Republicans. The panel's recommendations would be due by November 23 and guaranteed an up-or-down vote without amendments by December 23.

The committee is expected to consider politically sensitive reforms to the tax code and entitlement programs, though Democrats and Republicans disagree on the likelihood of any eventual revenue increases."

"But this "is a great stride forward" that shows "we can succeed not in spite of our divided government but because of it," he said."

Sounds fishy to me. Should we be worried about our 2nd Amendment rights?

"In the second stage, a special joint committee of Congress would recommend further deficit reduction steps totaling $1.5 trillion or more, with Congress obligated to vote on the panel's proposals by the end of the year.

The committee would comprise 12 members: Six from each chamber, equally divided between Democrats and Republicans. The panel's recommendations would be due by November 23 and guaranteed an up-or-down vote without amendments by December 23.

The committee is expected to consider politically sensitive reforms to the tax code and entitlement programs, though Democrats and Republicans disagree on the likelihood of any eventual revenue increases."

"But this "is a great stride forward" that shows "we can succeed not in spite of our divided government but because of it," he said."

Sounds fishy to me. Should we be worried about our 2nd Amendment rights?

GOA seems to think so. Watch the Alex Jones clips - he's quite the alarmist sometimes, but he don't strike me as a dummy. He's calling it the creation of a totally new branch of government outside of the constitution that would essentially nullify the house and senate. He's also saying that the creation of this body was the primary objective of all the circus sideshow surrounding the deficit limit "fight". I can't find the holes in his logic myself, looks like bad things on the way to me. An unaccountable council of 13 to rule the US? Every time they've really put the screws to us, it's been some "emergency, no time to read it, gotta pass it now while no-one is looking" kinda deal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xfZ_9PJTFs&feature=player_embedded

its so simple, i can't believe i never thought of it before. you know why leftists scream for more deficit spending? it's not because they think it'll work- it's because they WANT our pretend capitalist system to collapse entirely, and that's the surest way to do it.

HMMMmm... now most of you KNOW by my past posts that I'm no fan of big government, and NOT a Progressive/Liberal by ANY stretch of the imagination, but from what I'm seeing this "super congress" is being appointed for targeting further "budget cuts" before this Thanksgiving... not all the other stuff everyone is in a dizz over. That's also not to say that "things" aren't possible, because the sheer amount of "mushroom food" those tools in D.C. shovel is nothing short of amazing.

Now THAT being said, if these schmucks were SERIOUS they would eliminate baseline budgeting. What we have right now amounts to calling a 9% increase in government spending instead of the projected 14% increase in spending over last year... a "cut".

:s0013:

Infowars = no credibility.

its so simple, i can't believe i never thought of it before. you know why leftists scream for more deficit spending? it's not because they think it'll work- it's because they WANT our pretend capitalist system to collapse entirely, and that's the surest way to do it.

Ya. That's it. :rolleyes: Brilliant and really super dooper insightful thinking there bkb. :huh: :s0077:

Anything that comes out of this committee (super-congress) still has to be voted on by the full House and Senate and must be signed by the President to become law, it is then subject to Supreme Court scrutiny just like any other law.
I guess I don't see the big crisis here.... I don't see where it has much to do with gun rights either.

Anything that comes out of this committee (super-congress) still has to be voted on by the full House and Senate and must be signed by the President to become law, it is then subject to Supreme Court scrutiny just like any other law.
I guess I don't see the big crisis here.... I don't see where it has much to do with gun rights either.

Then my make the Super Congress to start with?

The Super Congress of a few might have been made to make the Regular Congress of many to do what the few wants?

Things will be clearer when BO names the committee We don't know all yet after all they did it again 75 page bill passed without lots of exposure to whats in it.

Over the last few days, being at home and watching the news (C-Span), I picked this up about the "Super Congress":

It is to be a 12-person commission formed from both houses, with members from both major parties. Majority and minority leaders get to put forward their picks of who they will put on the commission. Its mandate will be to come up with longer term solutions for the national debt. Obama doesn't get to pick the members, and (as stated above) what they recommend must also still go through the full legislative process.

Note that I am also suspicious, but there is nothing about "guns" in their mandate: What gets added in by the anti-civil-rights crazies after the "solution" comes out of this committee is another possible nightmare.

Over the last few days, being at home and watching the news (C-Span), I picked this up about the "Super Congress":

It is to be a 12-person commission formed from both houses, with members from both major parties. Majority and minority leaders get to put forward their picks of who they will put on the commission. Its mandate will be to come up with longer term solutions for the national debt. Obama doesn't get to pick the members, and (as stated above) what they recommend must also still go through the full legislative process.

Note that I am also suspicious, but there is nothing about "guns" in their mandate: What gets added in by the anti-civil-rights crazies after the "solution" comes out of this committee is another possible nightmare.

If there is ANYTHING in there about guns then this 12 person commission is a total and complete farce. They should be dealing with economics, tax code, revenue issues, and job creation ONLY. If there is ANYTHING that isn't directly connected to these then they are dealing in ideological tangents and wasting time and resources.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top