JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Most studies dealing with human activity are pure bullbubblegum, usually designed to extend government intervention further into society.

Think about this one:
"On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police."

OK, even if the author found no disparity in lethal use of force once a takedown has started, that does not mean more dark brown (aka "black") people are not being killed for no good reason. Think of all the stop and frisk BS going on in some cities. Cops mess with dark browns more than they mess with light browns (aka "whites"), who normally get a pass. Yes, dark browns still have justification to be outraged over being messed with, some of which end up as homicides. Leave 'em alone in their own little communities, if they want to sell or use drugs that is their business, if they want to stop the selling of drugs that is their business too. There is entirely too much dicking around with people, going on.

We are not experimental animals to be studied, damn it!

I am black and moved to Washington County in the early 2000s. I used to work nights. Between 2002 & 2006 I got stopped maybe 5 times. Mostly in Forest Grove. I don't think any were justified but I was only issued a ticket once. One cop said I wanted to see if you were drinking. It was about 3am. I wasn't, nor was I speeding or doing anything else wrong. By then I pretty much knew where every cop on shift parked.

Were they just doing their jobs? I know FG is boring. The encounters were mainly at night. Did they know I was black? Or, did they know I was black and wondered why I was in FG @ 3am? They were nice. I was nice. Everyone was nice together, but I have to wonder, that's a lot of police encounters with no tickets.

Going back to the study, fewer contacts with police equal fewer problems. I'm old now so that puts me in a different category than most we see in the media, but regardless of what any "study" says I live based on my own history and my history with police has been less than wonderful. Though I don't hate the police, or "the man". I do always have my good eye looking out for them. I have white coworkers and acquaintances taking many more chances at things than I would. That leads me to believe their encounters with police are probably different than mine.

I wonder.........maybe there us a higher number of officers per capita in urban areas where a larger percentage of the population is minorities........maybe more contacts will be made?

I have worked in mostly rural areas with no agriculture, just tired or busted logging towns. I'd guess 95% of contacts are on white people, 4.9 percent are native, and 0.1 percent is everyone else.

I wonder.........maybe there us a higher number of officers per capita in urban areas where a larger percentage of the population is minorities........maybe more contacts will be made?

I have worked in mostly rural areas with no agriculture, just tired or busted logging towns. I'd guess 95% of contacts are on white people, 4.9 percent are native, and 0.1 percent is everyone else.
Kinda like in Hillsburrito a few years back they had to stop doing dwi check points because they were arresting a disproportionate amount of Hispanic men.
Or in ne Portland they kept having blacks ticketed for walking right out in front of traffic. They had to "change the way they are policing the area". So they made the whole area a crosswalk and they ticket drivers that fail to yield. Until ofcourse they realized that they started ticketing black drivers in that area to a disproportionate amount....

Most studies dealing with human activity are pure bullbubblegum, usually designed to extend government intervention further into society.

Think about this one:
"On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police."

OK, even if the author found no disparity in lethal use of force once a takedown has started, that does not mean more dark brown (aka "black") people are not being killed for no good reason. Think of all the stop and frisk BS going on in some cities. Cops mess with dark browns more than they mess with light browns (aka "whites"), who normally get a pass. Yes, dark browns still have justification to be outraged over being messed with, some of which end up as homicides. Leave 'em alone in their own little communities, if they want to sell or use drugs that is their business, if they want to stop the selling of drugs that is their business too. There is entirely too much dicking around with people, going on.

We are not experimental animals to be studied, damn it!

I think, in part, that is what the study is saying, as far as messing with people of different color.

elsie

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top