JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And to say that a Glock and similar plastic pistols have phenomenal triggers, I would have to ask, "compared to what?" "Compared to the trigger on an electric drill"? Further, for a person to think these guns have phenomenal triggers leads me to believe they've never shot a quality SA pistol or revolver.

WAYNO.
Maybe "phenomenal" amongst their own kind.
Mine is around 6# and supposedly a good one.
PPQ-M2 is supposedly under 6#
CZ P10C is supposed to be good.

It's a different feel that you can get used to.
I wouldn't think phenomenal though.

Before I started CC years ago I had iron guns, I carried them to the range in rugs carefully packed and handled so that no finish was marred. They were safe Queens and treated that way.
Fast forward to the new age of pistols and everything else made of polymer. I chose to get rid of all my safe Queens and replace them with every day carry, usable, reliable, easy to clean and accurate guns with lots of capacity in 40S&W.
At this stage in my life I've got better things to do than fondle safe Queens.:eek::eek::eek::)

Before I started CC years ago I had iron guns, I carried them to the range in rugs carefully packed and handled so that no finish was marred. They were safe Queens and treated that way.
Fast forward to the new age of pistols and everything else made of polymer. I chose to get rid of all my safe Queens and replace them with every day carry, usable, reliable, easy to clean and accurate guns with lots of capacity in 40S&W.
At this stage in my life I've got better things to do than fondle safe Queens.:eek::eek::eek::)

Here's the dichotomy. I have very little nice to say about any plastic, striker fired pistol, especially a Glock. But I find myself actually carrying these chintzy plastic guns more often than my real guns. For exactly the reasons you've said.:confused:

Maybe "phenomenal" amongst their own kind.

That part I get.:D

I always hear you must carry one style only if you want to live. That's like saying I can't drive a stick shift and an automatic or a tractor or forklift ect. Some things you learn for life. I can operate what's on my side.

My experience in shooting IDPA with both 1911 and striker pistols is that I sometimes forget to release the manual safety on the 1911 after using my Glock 34 a few weekend shoots. Maybe it is just me that has that happen, and because I am getting old and senile, but I prefer to EDC my Ruger SR9c just in case I'd have a brain fart in a real emergency. Can't be good to go mashing on the trigger and have nothing going bang. Kinda like deer hunting, eh? You see a nice big one, pull the trigger on it, and crap you forgot to take the safety off, then "click" and the deer is off and running. :rolleyes:

Regarding the triggers... No way does a safe-action trigger compare favorably with a single action 1911 trigger (unless the 1911 is a HiPoint). It is true however that some striker triggers are better than others. I have replaced parts and polished on my Glock 34 to the point where I have a 3-4lb trigger that is smooth. What I really like is the ability to stage the trigger, something I hated when shooting my Para race gun. But my Ruger SR9c has a trigger that can't be staged, it's more like a good revolver DA action, just shorter. Works great for EDC and I shoot well with it but I don't like the trigger action on it for competitions.

Last Edited:
My experience in shooting IDPA with both 1911 and striker pistols is that I sometimes forget to release the manual safety on the 1911 after using my Glock 34 a few shoots. Maybe it is just me that has that happen, and because I am getting old and senile, but I prefer to EDC my Ruger SR9c just in case I'd have a brain fart in a real emergency. Can't be good to go mashing on the trigger and have nothing going bang. Kinda like deer hunting, eh? You see a nice big one, pull the trigger on it, and crap you forgot to take the safety off, then "click" and the deer is off and running. :rolleyes:

Wait a minute, you have actually experienced my experience??? I had dreams like that (actually horrific dreams)...:eek::eek::eek:

Wait a minute, you have actually experienced my experience??? I had dreams like that (actually horrific dreams)...:eek::eek::eek:

That's why when hunting I started taking the safety off early. But can't do that in a self-defense situation... I'd shoot my own dang leg, or the ground in front (like that shooter in Hermiston the loosed a number of rounds and the investigators said most of them went short into the grass. :rolleyes:)

That's why when hunting I started taking the safety off early. But can't do that in a self-defense situation... I'd shoot my own dang leg, or the ground in front (like that shooter in Hermiston the loosed a number of rounds and the investigators said most of them went short into the grass. :rolleyes:)

Me too!!!:eek::eek::eek: don't need no self inflicted wounds....o_O

Me too!!!:eek::eek::eek: don't need no self inflicted wounds....o_O

1911: we were always taught to release the safety when on target but I always did it during the forward press... no chance of loosing a round in the wrong direction. However, there is video proof of stupidity when guys try to go to fast and release the safety at holster level... hey is the weapon pointed in a safe direction? Noooooo. Bang goes into the butt and leg. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

And to say that a Glock and similar plastic pistols have phenomenal triggers, I would have to ask, "compared to what?" "Compared to the trigger on an electric drill"?

WAYNO.

If you get a chance to handle the new Canik TP9 SF Elite , dry fire it .. may change your mind .. the world of striker fired triggers has changed leaps and bounds in the last couple years .. the stock canik makes my sig 320 with an apex and glock triggers feel like garbage

If you get a chance to handle the new Canik TP9 SF Elite , dry fire it .. may change your mind .. the world of striker fired triggers has changed leaps and bounds in the last couple years .. the stock canik makes my sig 320 with an apex and glock triggers feel like garbage

Actually, there's not much I haven't handled, including the Canik. I don't find a lot of difference between any of them. "I" think, the best assisted-DA-striker triggers I've used, are the Ruger SR9 and the Ruger American Pistol. And coincidentally, my shooting buddy didn't care for my American trigger. So there's definitely differences in expectations, including mine. And for the record, the two worst, assisted-DA-striker triggers I've ever yanked, were Glocks.

Unless you are hunting, a threat to your life is not going to be more than 25' from you. We can no longer just drag them back into the house.......

I still like shooting farther distances with a pistol even though 7 yards is the statically derived number. And it shows me how much practice I need. Plus the target says 50' and boy do I need more practice. These are 20 shots each w a p226 a sp2022 and a p09. My boy shot up the p938 target w a 1911. The targets tell me it's not the pistol it's me. :oops:

IMG_20170628_133927.jpg

Actually, there's not much I haven't handled, including the Canik. I don't find a lot of difference between any of them. "I" think, the best assisted-DA-striker triggers I've used, are the Ruger SR9 and the Ruger American Pistol. And coincidentally, my shooting buddy didn't care for my American trigger. So there's definitely differences in expectations, including mine. And for the record, the two worst, assisted-DA-striker triggers I've ever yanked, were Glocks.
See my above post there

You have to wounder how much longer demand will keep all these companies afloat. When I was growing up there was Colt, S&W & Ruger, that was it for handguns. Every now and then you would see a Browning, Walther or early HK. Everyone had guns & gun racks in their trucks in my small farming town in the '70s & '80s. My Dad and his friends had far more guns than I do. They collected Colts, Parker shotguns & pre '64 Winchesters and my uncle collected Lugers. Now there are more manufacturers than you can shake a stick at and we all have hide our hobby from the Portlandia and King County Commies.

See my above post there
See my above post there
So yours is the true SA, as opposed to the switchable combination DA/SA. I do get that, and when I have the opportunity I will try one. Thanks.

The more that I think about Canik and other imported guns...They might be great, and it looks like they are a great bargain. But playing the devils advocate, do I know the company that makes these guns. Nope, not a chance. Canik is a city in Turkey. These guns are imported by Century Arms. They might be imported by another company next year. They might even have a different brand by then. Even guns marketed as Cz may be outsourced to a firearms manufacturer in Turkey. And Turkey is not necessarily a stable country. Stoeger, Interarms, FIE, and others come to mind as being prolific gun importers in the past. I don't know too many of their products that would have any customer support after they are no longer made or no longer imported.

So, taking nothing away from the Canik, and I do have experience with them, I think I'll take my money elsewhere.

Last Edited:
Holsters have become way more versitile and comfortable making concealed carry of a larger higher capacity pistol a lot more common.

I have a glock 26 I carry after carrying it so long and trusting it (with my life) it is extremely hard to carry anything else.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top