JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A new 50 person task force has been created by the Oregon legislature to take a hard look at ODFW's future mission, and how to solve the on-going problem of funding the department's operations. Most ominously, not only are the vast majority of politicians on this task force Democrats, but all 50 task force members live west of the Cascades. There is not one single representative from Central or Eastern Oregon in the group.

Even more worrisome are how some Democrats believe that the values of hunters and fishermen are in conflict with the rest of the state's residents. And that a "solution" to this conflict, must thus be found. I wonder what that means for the future of hunting and fishing in Oregon? Here is a quote below from State Senator Chris Edwards of Eugene, who is on the task force:

"In the natural resource and hunting and fishing arenas there are a lot of conflicting values," said task force member Sen. Chris Edwards, a Eugene Democrat. "We have to come up with a solution."

I honestly do not expect a fair and even handed report and recommendations coming out of this new state task force, due to its own unbalanced make up:

<broken link removed>

Yeah, that's a step in the right direction. Every governmental agency needs more task forces. As long as they are made up of those easily persuaded by big gov to further the agenda.

Hunt while you can.

"Fifty percent of our agency revenue comes from hunters and anglers"

This makes me think they won't mess with hunters and anglers.....too much.
They would lose up to half of their budget revenue. If they can't run the department
now with the budget they have, how would they run it if they lost a big chunk
of the budget revenue that comes from hunters/anglers?

It not only affects ODFW, it would affect all the businesses that make money off
of hunters/fisherman too. Of course, liberal politicians probably don't care about
those kinds of businesses.

Last Edited:
This makes me think they won't mess with hunters and anglers.....too much.
The would lose up to half of their budget revenue. If they can't run the department
now with the budget they have, how would they run it if they lost a big chunk
of the budget revenue that comes from hunters/anglers?

It not only affects ODFW, it would affect all the businesses that make money off
of hunters/fisherman too. Of course, liberal politicians probably don't care about
those kinds of businesses.
Sounds reasonable. But politicians are rarely reasonable. You may be forgetting the fact that when they cut their own throat, they use it as an excuse to raise or add a tax.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top