JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree. They are well made, reliable and accurate. They do look funny, which is probably why they aren't more known. I also have a kahr cw 380 but I don't trust it as much as I trust the MDE.

I had a CW380 as well. Figured two .380s were too many, so I sold the Kahr and kept the Micro Desert Eagle. Mine has the finger grip extensions on both mags and really does look sort of Frankenstein-ish, but it shoots like a full size pistol that way. Glad to see I'm not out here by myself. I actually had another Micro Desert Eagle, but my stepson liked it so much I gave it to him and bought myself another one. Can't tell the difference. They're both reliable and accurate.

Can you have too many 380s, or 9mms, or 45s, or etc?

I also have a glock 42 and a sig 232. I may sell the glock. Its nice but try as I might I am just not a real glock guy. I like the sig a bunch as its slim, carries well and is sig reliable and accurate.

I went for a hike yesterday and grabbed my cw 380 and my j frame scandium and threw them on the scale. Loaded, they were both 1 pound. I stuck the j frame in my pocket and the kahr back in the safe.

I just got my sphinx back from the factory. The paperwork says warranty repair with no indication as to what was done. Examining it, they either replaced the barrel or bored the chamber which was too tight. The chamber looks good and now all rounds pass the plunk test. I'm going to take it to the range this weekend for a workout.

It's a stunningly, beautifully made pistol. The materials and finish are better than I've seen on any factory pistol. I hope and expect it to now run 100%.

That's great to hear. Mine goes back with me to the range again in the next few days to keep on testing it out until I'm 100 percent confident in it, which I think I will be. Glad it worked out for you.

I ran a couple hundred rounds through it this afternoon and it ran perfect. I used my Precision delta 124 grain hollow points hand loads. I'll run a couple hundred more and some self defense ammo and call it good. I like it. It shoots great. I'm sure I'll be happy with it. Now to find some left hand holsters. I've got a safari land kydex it sucks and an owb leather that was made for an xdm. It works but is too long. I also have a 228 shoulder holster. I'll dig through my holster drawers and see if I can find some leather that Holds it properly.

A customer of mine bought one In 9mm stainless beautiful well made gun but talk about a very expensive boat anchor my gosh it had to weigh ,At least 6 to 7 pounds it felt and not cheap I think he paid like 1k for used

It's not light, that's for sure. The slide is steel, the frame is aluminum, and the grip and trigger guard are polymer. I seriously doubt I'll keep it. I have a lot of other guns that fill that niche. Even so, I'll have to sell it with full disclosure of the problems I've had with it so it'll be at a significant discount if I do decide to let go of it. Don't get me wrong. It's a fine pistol, but it's been way more trouble getting it that way than it should have been. I could have just bought a regular CZ P-01 or even a P-07 and have come out ahead. Which, in terms of compounding my stupidity, I sold an excellent P-01 that I had for reasons that still escape me. Heck, it even took me two tries to get the right wife. In that case, though, I don't want the first one back at any price.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top