JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a new Sig P220. I love it, as I do all my Sig Sauer handguns. I am a bit concerned however by the amount of force necessary to depress the magazine release button. It requires quite a bit of effort to drop the magazine, and even then sometimes its like the magazine doesn't want to freely drop when loaded.

I disassembled the pistol, and cleaned / oiled it. even tried just a bit of lube around the button. No change. I have not however had a chance to fire it as of yet.

I guess my question is, has anyone experienced this before? Anything I can do to fix it? Is this an issue that will likely fade with use? It's new to me, and none of my other Sigs do it.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Try removing one or two rounds from the mag then try to release the mag. May be a strong mag spring pushing too hard against the release which should go away as the mag is broken in.

Edit: also try locking the slide back and releasing a full mag.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top