1. Forest Fire Danger

Pacific Northwest outdoor shooting locations are in danger of closure due to firearm related forest fires.

Please be responsible when shooting in our forests.

2. Northwest Firearms Version 3 Beta Test Invitation

Supporting members, vendors, and volunteers are now able to check out the upcoming version of the website!

We encourage you take a look and share your thoughts before the general release.

New Shooting Facility being planned for the Portland westside?

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by dobeman, Feb 18, 2010.

1. dobeman

dobeman Active Member

I saw Michael Knoetig at one of the recent Portland area gun shows. He mentioned that a new Shooting Range facility is being planned for the Portland westside area - out Hwy 26 somewhere. He expects there to be a grand opening announcement in March to start taking the first memberships. Anyone else hear of this? Know any more status? It will be nice to truly have a shooting range within reasonable driving distance out this way.

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Well-Known Member

Could this be the same facility that was recently built out west for LE? I had heard that there was a first class facility that was already in use by LE in the area, but would eventually be opening up to the public.

3. dobeman

dobeman Active Member

Maybe. It was described to me as a speculative venture and the would have to have a pretty good opening membership drive to justify it.

4. watcher

watcher Member

The westside LE range is already in use, it has been so for about a year. The plan to open it to the public has stalled over liability concerns from the County.

It is a potentially great facility.