JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The bill will likely be signed Wednesday April 2nd at 3:00pm from what I've been told by Blake. The governor's action sheet should be updated today or tomorrow, and then 90 days after session, depending on how you count the days being inclusive or exclusive, is June 12th.

The law isn't effective until June 12. Also, form 1's aren't clear at this time. Blake is working with the AG's office and the tag to clarify that it is legal for non SOT's to make them.

I heard the same thing that the wording of the law does not allow the manufacturing of a SBR for us. I hope it changes as I have already started buying parts:)

We actually have a unique opportunity here. WA law falls back on intent of the law when the written law is confusing. Most of the time this means we must fall back on trying to determine the intent. With this it seems it would be as simple as going back to those that drew up the legislation. If so I have no doubt that it would include assembling them as long as they meet federal requirements. Not sure if they will do so or not but that would seem to be the constitutional decision based on our State constitution.

I have been hearing the same crap on waguns. IMO, having read the state law, making an SBR via a form 1 is legal (after 6/11). The law says that you can acquire SBRs so long as they have been legally registered with the feds. Acquire generally means "take possession of". Since the SBR is registered the instant the ATF registers it... And you (or a trust) don't actually take possession of an SBR until sometime later, it follows that the gun is registered prior to acquisition... and is therefore entirely in compliance with subsection 2 of the new law.

You apply... the SBR is registered...a few days or even weeks go by... THEN you take possession, or "acquire", the previously registered SBR. Makes perfect sense to me, and IMO this is almost a case of gun nuts looking to screw themselves over.

I spoke with Brian Blake today. He estimates that is will take a few weeks to a month or more until we here anything from the AG's office on form 1's.
Wish I could deliver better news, or get it quicker.

IMO this is almost a case of gun nuts looking to screw themselves over.

You are welcome to your opinion but this comes directly from an inquiry to the State Attorney General's office on the clarification of the newly passed legislation.

If you look on the bill website, the date effective is 6/12/2014.

NFA items are not toys and acquiring, making or manufacturing one should be done only in accordance with State and Federal regulations. The implications of not doing so carries some pretty stiff penalties, so that is why this is being clarified.

We've regained the right to own SBR's 20 years after they were taken away from us for no reason, other than hysteria. You can surely wait wo more months.

Take care.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top