JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Just an idea.

Have a new section called something like "in stock ammo" or "local ammo". Then there would be one thread per business like "fisherman's in Oregon City" or "BiMart in Damascus" and when people find ammo at these places that are in stock, they can post what's available and remaining and prices.

Then people could subscribe to their local preferred businesses and be notified when when there is ammo in stock.

An example Screenshot_20210121-123954_Chrome.jpg

Upvote 0
Just an idea.

Have a new section called something like "in stock ammo" or "local ammo". Then there would be one thread per business like "fisherman's in Oregon City" or "BiMart in Damascus" and when people find ammo at these places that are in stock, they can post what's available and remaining and prices.

Then people could subscribe to their local preferred businesses and be notified when when there is ammo in stock.
I like it!

Upvote 0
As an alternative, you could start a thread in the Great Deals section for each store. Members could report in stock or sales as you described. It would require a lot of threads to cover all area stores. A lot of members who want to keep the ammo finds to themselves might complain.

Upvote 0
Speaking of keeping it to themselves, I would feel guilty if I didn't share that Cabelas is now spreading out shelving of ammo deliveries to at least twice a day. I was in the Tualatin store yesterday and overheard one employee telling another that they were going to bring out the second batch of ammo at 1pm. I didn't have time to stick around to see what they put out. It's a good idea though, as it would allow more people to have a chance at getting in on it.

Upvote 0
Speaking of keeping it to themselves, I would feel guilty if I didn't share that Cabelas is now spreading out shelving of ammo deliveries to at least twice a day. I was in the Tualatin store yesterday and overheard one employee telling another that they were going to bring out the second batch of ammo at 1pm. I didn't have time to stick around to see what they put out. It's a good idea though, as it would allow more people to have a chance at getting in on it.

Ooo, OOOO! I'm on it. See ya' later..........

Upvote 0
Not really.

RE: The idea. I hardly ever look at great deals. And probably wouldn't look at the "Ammo Available" section either. BUT, I guess I could see how some people that have a daily need (Urge) to find ammo might use the section. ....And some......Find ammo in stock. Grab the family. Rush to BiMart, etc., and pick up the limit to put at 3-5 times the price on NWFA.

Upvote 0
This idea makes less sense the farther one lives from the valley.

Many of us live an hour or more from the metropolis.

But it is all bits and bytes - whatever makes people happy.

I guess I just felt like typing. Nothing to see here.

I'll see myself out.

Upvote 0
There are way to many poachers and gougers to have it work the way the original thread idea was presented.
I think it is great to help everyone find what they are looking for without having to pay $150 or more for a $35 box of primer or powder.
But when people see a chance to make quick money - they will ruin it for the people just wanting to do what they enjoy.
Not feeling this current condition one bit!

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads