Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Seattle gun control group funded by Nick Hanauer - time for a Sounders boyc

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by 8ball, Feb 26, 2013.

1. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

Hopefully this is just as unsuccessful as his push for a WA state income tax.

I invite Mr Hanauer to **** off back to New York, and take the Seattle Sounders with him. Technically it's his brothers team I think, but blood is thicker than water.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020439372_gungrassrootsxml.html

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

I would boycott the team if I already did not give a rat's behind about any sports, and was not doing a soft boycott of anything Seattle (yes, even though I live in this city, I spend a very small portion of my income in it).

3. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Snohomish County, WA Active Member

I don't think "boycotting" the Sounders will work. Too many Subaru driving, scarf wearing Oamba loving fans of the Sounders.

4. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

Sounders fans are the biggest fakes any way. Overnight these people flocked to the new fad sport in town, try to pretend they're just as serious as the fanbases of Euro football teams with hundreds of years of history, and just generally act like wanna-be hooligans.

1 person likes this.
  5. kumabear17

kumabear17 Issaquah Active Member

You all are whining. Soccer is just what it says it is, a sport. Having raised two boys who played it through college, I enjoy watching it as probably at least some other firearm owners do. The question shouldn’t be about soccer. The question needs to be how do we counter a strategy such as this and keep the disinformation from becoming effective for the anti-gunners. Letters and phone calls are great and we need to keep this going. Public gatherings of firearm owners also seem to get fairly good press even in Seattle. Perhaps the hardest thing to do – it is for me – is to have a calm discussion with a Liberal acquaintance ( I don’t have Liberal friends either). It’s difficult because usually they just seem to want to yell, but there are some middle of the road individuals who just lack information. Find them and educate them.