JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's no secret that, like many forums, our on-site search could use some major improvement. This is one area where forum technology has failed to keep pace with the industry. We've been testing various improvements on a regular basis, and we've finally found one that I believe is worthy of your consideration. Your feedback is crucial to whether or not we implement this site-wide, so please let us know what you think :)

Search Results | Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, and Idaho Gun Owners

Note: This system also has an image search, so be sure to click that tab and check that out as well.

It's no secret that, like many forums, our on-site search could use some major improvement. This is one area where forum technology has failed to keep pace with the industry. We've been testing various improvements on a regular basis, and we've finally found one that I believe is worthy of your consideration. Your feedback is crucial to whether or not we implement this site-wide, so please let us know what you think :)

Search Results | Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, and Idaho Gun Owners

Note: This system also has an image search, so be sure to click that tab and check that out as well.
Pretty slick. I like having the image search. Will spend some more time tinkering around tonight when I get home from work.

Two more things:

1. We're just looking for feedback on the function and layout of the system (the colors/style/contrast can be changed later) :)

2. The site won't be fully indexed until next week, so older threads and posts won't show up right away.

Seems pretty darned slick! Digging the image function as well...just did a quick browse thru though, not an actual search.

Edit: Holly cows! Just did an actual search of images fir a particular make...nicely done Joe!

Thanks!

Well my first impressions are really positive. I'll have to retrain myself to actually try and use a search feature here as I gave up trying long ago. Thanks Joe!!

I put the word "search" in the new search box and it finds this thread. Not so with the original search box. Likewise with a couple of others that simply will not come up in the original search. Haven't used it much, but everything I've searched for has turned up the thread I was intending, so it looks like a YUUUGGEEE improvement!!!

So does it only search post/thread titles? I did a search for "Kahr cw45" and it brought up a list of posts with that in the title. I know that I've used that term in other threads in the context but it didn't show up.
Otherwise, it's pretty fast!

I like how the search is set up...and the menus are easy to find and use.

Cigars...for a more detailed search , try using the "More..." button in red...you can find more search options that way...
Andy
I don't see the "more" button. I am on my tablet and phone though so maybe something was lost in the format. I will check later on the desktop.

Question - is there an easy way, say a link, to take us directly to that search? From what I can tell, I've got to track down this thread to get to it. Sure, I could add yet another bookmark, but my bookmark list is already way too long as it is.

Cigars...for a more detailed search , try using the "More..." button in red...you can find more search options that way...

The "More" button is actually part of the old search (which is still active while we test this version) :)

Question - is there an easy way, say a link, to take us directly to that search? From what I can tell, I've got to track down this thread to get to it. Sure, I could add yet another bookmark, but my bookmark list is already way too long as it is.

At this time you have to go directly to the URL (northwestfirearms.com /threadloom). If we decide to implement this it will replace the search link near the top of the page.

Last Edited:
Thanks Joe...That's why I usually don't answer any computer / menu questions...
Now if only he had a question 'bout flintlocks or caplocks...:D
Andy
The "More" button is actually part of the old search (which is still active while we test this version) :)

At this time you have to go directly to the URL (northwestfirearms.com /threadloom). If we decide to implement this it will replace the search link near the top of the page.

Last edited by a moderator:
F535A001-8DC4-4F96-AF38-2727C17B946B.png
I wanted to mention to anyone who might stumble on this thread, we're currently testing a new search feature which seems very promising :)

Feedback Request - New Search System Trial

Going back to my original post query (or something like it): "pistol caliber carbines at Johnson creek gun club" yielded no results.
However, when I tried using Google with the same query as CHLChris suggested (adding "site:northwestfirearms.com"), I got fantastic and very usable results.
I think it's awesome that you are being proactive in implementing a solution to a known problem! This site has become very special to me for some reason. It kinda sorta in some funky way feels like family, if that makes sense.
Thanks for all the effort, I will try the beta search tool for a while to help with the input :)

B45B81A6-5673-47A3-AAB2-7E93516933C5.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads