JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...zing-brace-3-position-collapsible-ar-15-black

So these have been in the works for a while but several versions are now shipping.

I bought a Maxim one for a 9mm pistol and just ordered a SD version for a 5.56 this morning.

In my opinion these guys really are a game changer. I have a hard time justifying SBR'ng anything when I can slap one of these on a pistol for $239 to the point I actually think I prefer this over the ARC stock I bought for my SBR.

Anyway just wondering what you guys think and if you are as excited about these as I am.

Looks interesting, but I guess I'm not understanding the difference between stabilizing this vs a sig brace on my cheek bone.

Is it the adjustability? In that case, I suppose.

But at the same time more moving parts & motions to get back to a correct sight picture? Yes?

What exciting to me is what I want in a pistol (or SBR for that matter) is compact, a micro foot print. The fact that I can end up with a collapsed length of something like 18" with a short barrel on my 9mm to me is a big deal.

Another thing is Ill end up using one of these pistols as both a truck and a house gun. Something I wouldn't do with an SBR just because of the nature of a registered weapon.

I'll probably put it on a rifle, I got a light weight M4 clone. Seems like it might be ok on that.

I actually have two folders, the other is on an SBR and it's not very practical really

That collapsible version looks awesome, please let us know what you think when you have some hands-on time with it!

SB also has one called the SBM4... it has grip ridges the the back edges (aka NOT a butt pad... LOL). Why does an arm brace need grip ridges on the back edges?

Once again, just more proof ("pistols" and slide-fire stocks) that the NFA is a joke... LOL

I like the concept as it can be used with standard BCG, buffer and spring (no extra spare parts to buy), can be fired collapsed and makes a smaller package to store in a bag.

I like everything but the price and in reality you are correct the price is not bad for what you get. I have been running the blade in the middle of a KAK tube on most of my projects for lighter weight, cost and to keep them a bit shorter but the option of extending it out would be great.

Let us know how it does as I am truly interested in one.

I'd be real surprised if anyone comes out with a $100 version. I am actually surprised that the SD one can be had for that $240

I just got done reading up on this, it looks like SD was in partnership with Maxim Defense as the specimens had Maxim plastered all over them with Maxim reps saying SD was making the the "arm brace" portion.

The hexagonal logo with "SD" inside it on the end of the "buttpad" (as shown on Midway's website) looks to be a rebrand from the hexagon with "Maxim" inside it. So now I'm wondering if the Maxim buttpad (available separately from the assembly) would fit on the end of this after, if say you used this as a pistol while waiting for a SBR F1/4 to clear the ATF.

I imagine it would be so.

IMG_0487.JPG IMG_0488.JPG IMG_0489.JPG IMG_0490.JPG IMG_0491.JPG IMG_0492.JPG Side by side pics of the Maxim next to a ARC PDW stock

jeez I may buy one and put it on my sbr - shoulder it and watch people freak at the range. :) It's cheaper than all the other PDW stocks I've looked at and should function the same.

How do these differ from the Sig Brace as far as ATF compliance?
I'm not sure, but it looks like there are three positions that you can 'Fix' the length, later you could 're-fix' the length for a different sized shooter perhaps. I just have a foam covered tube on my AR pistol and the fixed Sig brace on the Wife's suits her. I could benefit from a longer brace instead of a tube. Something to consider.

I have the maxim version and it Is legit.

I also have the SBPDW on the way. SBPDW is an inch longer and takes standard buffer and spring. I will let you guys know any more differences when I get the SB version in hand.

I think the tube length is the only mechanical differencE. Fit and Finnish is "supposed" to be nicer on the maxim version but I will let you guys know.

I have the maxim version and it Is legit.

I also have the SBPDW on the way. SBPDW is an inch longer and takes standard buffer and spring. I will let you guys know any more differences when I get the SB version in hand.

I think the tube length is the only mechanical differencE. Fit and Finnish is "supposed" to be nicer on the maxim version but I will let you guys know.

I got one on the way as well :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top