JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which scope?

• Total voters
Reactions
I'm buying a new Winchester 70 in 300 win mag, and she'll need some nice glass to go on top!

Leuopold vx-6
Zeiss Conquest HD5
Zwarovski Z3

I'm looking to spend around $1k.

Don't forget to leave some dough for top of the line scope mounts.
Warne is in Tualatin and you can walk in and buy from them.
Really nice folks and a pleasure to do business with.

I would get some feedback from the net to which of your scopes will hold up to the pounding of the 300 mag. Some of my family bought one of your brands mentioned and both of them failed before they shot 100 rounds through the gun. Happened to be just before hunting season so had to buy new again cause couldn't get it repaired in time.

Heavy recoil tends to break scopes.

Don't forget to leave some dough for top of the line scope mounts.
Warne is in Tualatin and you can walk in and buy from them.
Really nice folks and a pleasure to do business with.
I was thinking the Leupold one piece base with standard rings, is there anything wrong with that?

Want to really hit something? Take a look at Shepard.

I've had one on my .300 win mag for about 15 years. BDC out to 1000 yds. Built like a tank. About $850.

DSCN4387.JPG

Last Edited:
I have leupold on my 7mm, 300mag, and never had a problem with them. They have had some rough treatment over the years. Can't say anthing about the other two you are asking about. The good thing about leupold is they are right there in Beaverton if you need quick help.

Leupold VX-6. no question. Best optic of the 3 hands down, and i know because i was in the same dilemma!

Plus as everyone said, they are guaranteed for life and built to take the beatings.

Don't rule out Vortex. I was looking at the same scopes you list. Also had the wifes unbias eye there too. I absolutely believe the Vortex was better than the VX6 and as good as any of the others we looked at. The Vortex comes in at nearly half the price too....

Vortex look great in the store no question. But they do not compare in real light conditions. The center of the vortex optics is as clear as the VX-6, however the edge to edge clarity is no comparison to the VX-6.

Good news is you have 3 great options to choose from!

I love my VX-6. Best optic I own.

And with Leupold being in Beaverton "if" you ever need the use their lifetime warranty you can drop it off!

Vortex look great in the store no question. But they do not compare in real light conditions. The center of the vortex optics is as clear as the VX-6, however the edge to edge clarity is no comparison to the VX-6.

Which Vortex, because in the same price range as the VX-6 is the Vortex Viper PST line of optics. I would put them against the Leupold all day long.

Of the three listed I would take the Leupold first. I have no first hand knowledge of the other two, just 2nd hand gossip. I like to go with what I know.

Which Vortex, because in the same price range as the VX-6 is the Vortex Viper PST line of optics. I would put them against the Leupold all day long.

Of the three listed I would take the Leupold first. I have no first hand knowledge of the other two, just 2nd hand gossip. I like to go with what I know.

I am speaking in regards to the comparison i did between the VX-6 1-6 and the Razor HD 1-6. The leupold is cheaper (which struck me as really odd considering the Vortex is made overseas) and a better optic in terms of craftsmanship and glass...IMHO.

I am speaking in regards to the comparison i did between the VX-6 1-6 and the Razor HD 1-6. The leupold is cheaper (which struck me as really odd considering the Vortex is made overseas) and a better optic in terms of craftsmanship and glass...IMHO.

The Razor HD's are more expensive and your comment really surprise me. I'll need to check this out for myself. Gives me something to do next time I'm in Cabala's. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top